The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Virginity at university?

Why is it that muslim girls are pressurised to save themselves until marriage even when they are at Uni meanwhile Hindu, Sikh and white girls have loads of boyfriends and relationships at university yet no one seems to care?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Dignifieddeath
Why is it that muslim girls are pressurised to save themselves until marriage even when they are at Uni meanwhile Hindu, Sikh and white girls have loads of boyfriends and relationships at university yet no one seems to care?

Culture.
it is a puzzle i must admit

:hmmmm2:
Cos you can’t have sex outside of marriage in Islam.
It doesn’t take a genius to figure that out.

Also Muslims tend to be more religious than other people and their faiths.

(Plus it’s haram)
Also it’s not just Muslims who do this.
(edited 6 years ago)

It depends on family circumstances. Some people value certain things than others. Muslims/Jews may value purity while Westerners may value experience.
Because of their religion.
Moved to society
Reply 7
Basically, it’s because sex outside of marriage is haram (forbidden in Islam). And it’s not pressurised on them, it is their own choice. If a Muslim woman went and had sex, no one would be the wiser.

This also isn’t just an Islamic principle. Traditionally Hindus, Christians, Jews and Sikhs aren’t supposed to have sex outside marriage (or at least just the woman) but changes in cultures have changed what most people who follows these religions do
Because Islam is a superior culture, we hold it (ourselves even) to a higher standard. If these women cant maintain that standard then they have no business calling themselves a muslim.
Original post by InvertedReality
Because Islam is a superior culture, we hold it (ourselves even) to a higher standard. If these women cant maintain that standard then they have no business calling themselves a muslim.

All the Hindu and sikh girls at uni are in a relationship and invite their boyfriend to stay over all the time.
All the Hindu and sikh girls at uni are in a relationship and invite their boyfriend to stay over all the time.

And?
What does that have to do with what you quoted.
Why should we care?
Original post by Jheinexx
Why should we care?

I care because I was born into a strict muslim family, while your mum is like Kris Jenner who encourages you to go on the pill at 14
I care because I was born into a strict muslim family, while your mum is like Kris Jenner who encourages you to go on the pill at 14

Nah mate its not like that with me. My mum is strict too.

Your username makes perfect sense for your opinion...

Why is it superior to leave sex until marriage?
Reply 16

Firstly, I’m Muslim and a woman. To you islam May be the superior RELIGION. But you cant make that think that and force it upon other people, just in case that’s what u mean by superior.

Secondly that rule of sex goes for all Muslims not just women so don’t think that men are superior somehow.

Thirdly if a Muslim does go astray from religion the Islamic thing to do is to help them be more Islamic. Everyone makes mistake and no one is allowed to judge anyone but Allah ( God for those who don’t know what Allah is)

Delusional and repulsive. I had someone tell me yesterday that it was better that Mohammed married a 6 year old and consummated at 9 years old than risk marrying a whore. Which we have a lot off in the West, apparently, and all free, un-repressed, sexually liberated, non-veiled women are.

Can you imagine that? He didn't even know his own prophet had been married 4 times, to widows in some cases who would not have even been virgins. And he was so repressed and had such extreme and insane view of chastity and idiotic views of women that he went on a rant like that and condoned the rape of a child, because it was better than being with a 'whore', a non-virgin.

Your culture is not superior, don't be stupid. It's based on the belief that is it, not facts, beliefs and faith. You just get told that and because you don't think for yourself and just believe what others tell you, you allow these imams to act like every girl in the West is a whore because they don't cover up. It's shame these vile are so pervasive. It's behind those grooming gangs that are operating across the country.
(edited 6 years ago)
Islam is a superior culture.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Do you want to do those things those girls do? Who is stopping you?

People have different morals and value. Some muslim girls are looser than miley cyrus by the time they leave uni.

You'll also find a few christian girls who want to save themselves for marriage, too.

Latest

Trending

Trending