Change of seold Income Watch

Emfwal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I currently live with my Father, who supports me financially while at uni so I did not require the higher maintenance loan when first applying for university. However due to personal reasons, I am moving in with my grandad to be closer to university. He is a pensioner and will be unable to support me financially. How does this effect me in terms of my student loan?
How do I go about applying for the higher maintenance loan?
Or how do I inform them of the change of my living address and household income??
John B SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Emfwal)
I currently live with my Father, who supports me financially while at uni so I did not require the higher maintenance loan when first applying for university. However due to personal reasons, I am moving in with my grandad to be closer to university. He is a pensioner and will be unable to support me financially. How does this effect me in terms of my student loan?
How do I go about applying for the higher maintenance loan?
Or how do I inform them of the change of my living address and household income??
Hi Emfwal,

Even though you're no longer living with your father, if you're under 25 we'd still base your student finance on his income (if he's the parent you live with mostly. Unless you meet any of the independent student criteria.

The best way to change your living situation is to login to your online account, There should be a button that says 'Expand', then scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see an option that says 'change your application'. It may let you change this online however it may redirect you to a form called a CO1 form. If you're able to print this form and complete section 4 we will update you to living away from home. You'll receive a higher rate of maintenance loan for living away from home.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (124)
17.92%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.4%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (67)
9.68%
How can I be the best version of myself? (209)
30.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise