is it possible to learn a level maths from now till exams and get at least a B? Watch

hcpjdev
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
is it possible to learn as and a2 (a level) maths from now till exam time and get at least a B? how many hours revision per day is needed if it is possible? i feel depressed if it's not possible
joelcarter
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes.
hcpjdev
Rep:
?
(Original post by joelcarter)
Yes.
suggest a plan pls, how would i approach it. is 4 hours maths revision per day enough to get the B from now?
hcpjdev
Rep:
?
bump
joelcarter
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hcpjdev)
suggest a plan pls, how would i approach it. is 4 hours maths revision per day enough to get the B from now?
It all depends how efficient your learning/revision, I would suggest watching youtube videos on the topics you struggle with to better understand them. When you have covered all of the topics you should do past papers... lots of them, these will help you to consolidate your knowledge and see what areas you still need to work on. But yeah, if you did 4 hours of revision every day until exams it is definitely possible
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
is it possible to learn as and a2 (a level) maths from now till exam time and get at least a B? how many hours revision per day is needed if it is possible? i feel depressed if it's not possible
If you have already studied the material and are asking if there is enough time for revision and exam preparation then depending on your aptitude the answer is yes. If you are asking if it is possible to start now with no previous study of maths at this level then I'd say the answer is most probably no.
username3154862
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What I'd say you should do:
Go into past papers, pick out questions that get asked each year, make sure you learn how to do them.
That right there would maybe get you a C.
^ Best method of doing this is to go on BBC Bitesize, pick out each topic and write that down on a note pad, then tallying what appears.

For example doing this:
Biology what's in exams + how many marks/questions on the topic.
Cell questions 8
Migration questions 5...
It may be broad but you'll always see a small pattern for what they include.

I'm not sure whats in A level but for higher maths we always seem to have integration, differentiation, circle, straight line and polynomial questions.

^those would be the topics I'd heavily focus on.

When I've done a relatively fast skim of the subject I'd go and do each past paper (possibly twice) depending on how much time you put in.

You could definitely get a B or even an A if you did all of this. Ask your teachers for help if you get stuck too btw.
hcpjdev
Rep:
?
(Original post by gdunne42)
If you have already studied the material and are asking if there is enough time for revision and exam preparation then depending on your aptitude the answer is yes. If you are asking if it is possible to start now with no previous study of maths at this level then I'd say the answer is most probably no.
(Original post by Relentas)
What I'd say you should do:
Go into past papers, pick out questions that get asked each year, make sure you learn how to do them.
That right there would maybe get you a C.
^ Best method of doing this is to go on BBC Bitesize, pick out each topic and write that down on a note pad, then tallying what appears.

For example doing this:
Biology what's in exams + how many marks/questions on the topic.
Cell questions 8
Migration questions 5...
It may be broad but you'll always see a small pattern for what they include.

I'm not sure whats in A level but for higher maths we always seem to have integration, differentiation, circle, straight line and polynomial questions.

^those would be the topics I'd heavily focus on.

When I've done a relatively fast skim of the subject I'd go and do each past paper (possibly twice) depending on how much time you put in.

You could definitely get a B or even an A if you did all of this. Ask your teachers for help if you get stuck too btw.
(Original post by joelcarter)
It all depends how efficient your learning/revision, I would suggest watching youtube videos on the topics you struggle with to better understand them. When you have covered all of the topics you should do past papers... lots of them, these will help you to consolidate your knowledge and see what areas you still need to work on. But yeah, if you did 4 hours of revision every day until exams it is definitely possible
thank you
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Movd to Maths Exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (148)
19.12%
Labour (329)
42.51%
Liberal Democrats (156)
20.16%
Green Party (42)
5.43%
Brexit Party (21)
2.71%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.39%
SNP (9)
1.16%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.78%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)