Top barrister confirms BBC propaganda on Corbyn

Watch this thread
SaucissonSecCy
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
https://evolvepolitics.com/top-briti...to-programmes/

BAM.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
But the BBC did not photoshop his hat, as it has been accused of.

I'm not really sure how imagery of Corbyn could be said to portray him negatively. Everything he says, and avoids saying, does that.
username3786078
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I wonder what Keir Starmer would have to say about this. He is a former human rights lawyer, after all.
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
But I thought the BBC was full of cultural Marxist, beta cuck, soy boys...
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
But the BBC did not photoshop his hat, as it has been accused of.

I'm not really sure how imagery of Corbyn could be said to portray him negatively. Everything he says, and avoids saying, does that.
A politician's image is incredibly important, especially in the current political environment. Many, many voters in this country won't look any further than the photos of party leaders in deciding who to vote for. The slightly more dilligent members of the public may examine how said leaders compose themselves when they appear on TV, and make comments like "oo, he looks shifty" and leave it at that.

You can't brush this off as a matter of complete unimportance. Though personally, I'm pretty skeptical about this claim.
Good bloke
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dez)
A politician's image is incredibly important, especially in the current political environment. Many, many voters in this country won't look any further than the photos of party leaders in deciding who to vote for. The slightly more dilligent members of the public may examine how said leaders compose themselves when they appear on TV, and make comments like "oo, he looks shifty" and leave it at that.

You can't brush this off as a matter of complete unimportance. Though personally, I'm pretty skeptical about this claim.
The long-suffering British public has had many decades to become acquainted with the truth about Corbyn's unintelligent shiftiness, Soviet sympathies and complete disregard for Britain's interests. Any image shenanigans in the last short while would have made no difference whatever, and what the BBC has been accused of (changing the hat) didn't happen.
Dez
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The long-suffering British public has had many decades to become acquainted with the truth about Corbyn's unintelligent shiftiness, Soviet sympathies and complete disregard for Britain's interests. Any image shenanigans in the last short while would have made no difference whatever, and what the BBC has been accused of (changing the hat) didn't happen.
Corbyn was a complete nobody before he got nominated for the Labour leadership. Recent imagery most definitely has had an impact especially around election time.
Axiomasher
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Wouldn't surprise me to find MI5 at the bottom of this kind of propaganda, it's not just the American and Russian secret services that have their hands in political manipulation.

EDIT: Gotta go, someone has just rung the doorbell.
Good bloke
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dez)
Corbyn was a complete nobody before he got nominated for the Labour leadership. Recent imagery most definitely has had an impact especially around election time.
Your memory is shorter than mine. He was a leading light in the battle to allow the Militant Tendency to remain within Labour in the early 1980s and in the mid-1980s he famously demonstrated in favour of the IRA Brighton terrorist bomber, Patrick Magee.
PostGrad221
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The BBC didn't photoshop the hat.

But they definitely, intentionally blended his image into the Russian-Kremlin background, and used a picture of him in a hat rather than the literal thousands available in a suit.

Compare that to Gavin Williamson - with whom they used the same background but chose a picture in a suit and didn't blend in/colourise the image to merge them together.

In any sane persons mind, that constitutes the portrayal of a politician in a negative light given the Russian situation at the moment.

Have a read of this LSE report on the way the media represented Corbyn. It's pretty conclusive of the bias (not talking about BBC specifically) of the media:

https://www.lse.ac.uk/[email protected]/rese...port-FINAL.pdf
Dez
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Your memory is shorter than mine. He was a leading light in the battle to allow the Militant Tendency to remain within Labour in the early 1980s and in the mid-1980s he famously demonstrated in favour of the IRA Brighton terrorist bomber, Patrick Magee.
No doubt about that. The memories of the average voter are even worse than mine I expect.
Good bloke
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PostGrad221)
Have a read of this LSE report on the way the media represented Corbyn. It's pretty conclusive of the bias (not talking about BBC specifically) of the media:

That report is ridiculous. Corbyn is famous for dressing down and wearing his revolutionary hat. It almost defines him. Foot received far worse ridicule for his duffel coat.

His support for far left revolutionary regimes and the Soviets is famous and long-standing, and has long been ridiculed. He will never criticise any of them unless he simultaneously criticises Britain, NATO or the western democracies at the same time. He is his own caricature.

He even received the nomination for Labour leadership as a result of a Buggins turn arrangement among the pariah lefties and the stupidity of his Labour opponents who nominated him needlessly 'to create a debate'. You could not make it up!
PostGrad221
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
That report is ridiculous. Corbyn is famous for dressing down and wearing his revolutionary hat. It almost defines him. Foot received far worse ridicule for his duffel coat.

His support for far left revolutionary regimes and the Soviets is famous and long-standing, and has long been ridiculed. He will never criticise any of them unless he simultaneously criticises Britain, NATO or the western democracies at the same time. He is his own caricature.

He even received the nomination for Labour leadership as a result of a Buggins turn arrangement among the pariah lefties and the stupidity of his Labour opponents who nominated him needlessly 'to create a debate'. You could not make it up!

I really think you ought to read the report and then tell me which conclusion within it is not based on statistical evidence. There has been a strong media bias against Corbyn from the moment he ran for leadership. Until you refute one the points the report, I think there's little point discussing this.
Good bloke
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PostGrad221)
I really think you ought to read the report and then tell me which conclusion within it is not based on statistical evidence. There has been a strong media bias against Corbyn from the moment he ran for leadership. Until you refute one the points the report, I think there's little point discussing this.
I'm not interested if there is bias against him. Of course there is bias. It is natural, even the bounden duty of the national press, to be against him. It is all utterly justified. There are huge numbers of valid reasons for any bias, to do with his own unreliability, lack of intelligence, lack of leadership skills, unpatriotic nature, his predisposition to favour undemocratic alien regimes, his entryist tactics and the damage he would do to Britain and its economy if he came to power. he should be treated as an enemy.

Anyway, he has his own pet organ, The Morning Star, to offset his lack of support in the mainstream.
SaucissonSecCy
Rep:
I'm not interested if there is bias against him. Of course there is bias. It is natural, even the bounden duty of the national press, to be against him. It is all utterly justified. There are huge numbers of valid reasons for any bias, to do with his own unreliability, lack of intelligence, lack of leadership skills, unpatriotic nature, his predisposition to favour undemocratic alien regimes, his entryist tactics and the damage he would do to Britain and its economy if he came to power. he should be treated as an enemy.

Anyway, he has his own pet organ, The Morning Star, to offset his lack of support in the mainstream.
I had a feeling you were older, as you mentioned, more and more young people are not going to buy all this garbage, and rank hypocrisy. These views are more representative of a middle aged reactionary rump sat on top of this country, all rigid adherents of Thatcherism.

Talking about favouring alien social regimes when the Tories are in bed with the Saudis, who fund madrassas, schools, and mosques all over this country, also they just did nothing for years about Litvinenko while they were taking huge Russian donations.

The stuff you people are coming out with is classic reactionary nonsense, and just encapsulates the post imperial delusion you are all living when you militate against progressive politics that are democratic and representative instead of serving a few.

We could get on to Northern Ireland if you want, just to prove how reactionary, geopolitically and historically ignorant, and politically regressive you all are.

As for self-parodies and jokes, major blind sport there as per the infantilizing propaganda crap the Beeb et all are trying.

May literally has to only semi-ironically bring up and already discredited(by the mainstream media too) libellous smear against Corbyn in parliament.

These people are desperate and a dying breed.

As for no mainstream support, that's already been proven rubbish by the election result, biggest increase since 1945 and in total defiance of the polls- you people are pedalling a narrative all of your own.

You are going the same way as Hillary, Remain, and whatever comes next.

So obvious.
Good bloke
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
As for no mainstream support, that's already been proven rubbish by the elections result, biggest increase since 1945 and in total defiance of the polls- you people are pedalling a narrative all of your own.
Given that this happened in the context of the worst-run Conservative election campaign ever and no Lib-Dem party to speak of, if this was a victory then what will a defeat look like?
SaucissonSecCy
Rep:
Given that this happened in the context of the worst-run Conservative election campaign ever and no Lib-Dem party to speak of, if this was a victory then what will a defeat look like?
Lol, the fact there are no Lib Dems to speak of is their fault entirely, they had 48% of the country against Brexit in the referendum and were the only party representing that side of the debate strongly, and they got a **** all. The Tories lost their majority after it was going to be the biggest of all time and the worst Labour result of all time where 'Jeremy would have to take a look at himself'.

This despite a two year long vitriolic, consistent smear campaign.

Hmm, unprecedented rise in votes, against massively biased media running out of options, crumbling infastructure, swathes of the country ignored, and by the next election the Tories will have been in power 12 years as opposed to 7.

I think you can see what's coming, doesn't matter if Corbyn is leader or not. Blairites will not get control of Labour agian, they will have to form their own party.

You lot can be as reactionary as you like against policies that are simply moderate social democracy by European standards, whilst living in a morally hypocritical, foreign and domestic policy double standard fantasy world rejecting progressive politics that are realistic about Britain's place in the world and needs.

At the end of the day it's foolish for me to try and change the mind of middle aged reactionaries, there is no objectivity there whatsoever, especially regarding Northern Irish history, or the diabolically unpatriotic, hypocritical, corporate power and money before everything foreign policy of Tories.

Again I ask you in bafflement why you conclude the part(ies) who foster intimate relations with Saudi Arabia, who build wahabbist madrassas mosques and faith schools, preaching extremism, whilst we pander to fgm, honor killings, segregation, mass migration for low wage, exploitable corporate Labour that makes life dire for working class Brits, are some how the voice of social conservatism and loyalty to this country?

Is it because they dine with, and give better deals to billionaire tax exiles Murdoch and Dacre, who tell everyone how to vote before elections?

I'm not going to assume any of you people really believe this stuff, maybe some of you are people with a vested interest or inside the system...?

One thing people out there can see is that the official 'objective' version of public opinion is in fact a biased narrative, that there are many who think like them, that representative democracy is in resurgence, and that the influence of middle aged Thatcherites, and gutter press hate rags is declining literally by the day.

This struggle will get harder and harder for the totally hypocritical, morally bankrupt, dysfunctional establishment.
L i b
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Being a barrister does not make you immune from being an absolute moonbat.
Axiomasher
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
Being a barrister does not make you immune from being an absolute moonbat.
Some might even say it raises the odds a little.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (117)
38.24%
The paper was reasonable (146)
47.71%
Not feeling great about that exam... (29)
9.48%
It was TERRIBLE (14)
4.58%

Watched Threads