sskumar123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
With reference to case law, legislation and academic commentary, critically
assess the courts’ interpretation of ‘actual occupation’ in paragraph 2 of Schedule
3 to the Land Registration Act 2002.

I literally need some points on this as I don't know how I should structure this question
Forum User
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think that this essay is only going to have two substantive parts:

(i) A discussion of how the courts have interpreted the phrase actual occupation (there is a useful summary of the authorities in Baker v Craggs [2016] EWHC 3250 at paragraph 12, which will get you started on which cases to look at);

(ii) A discussion as to whether that interpretation (or some of those interpretations, if the cases reveal multiple inconsistent interpretations), is consistent with the Act (applying a literal or purposive interpretation to the Act).

The first section is largely going to be case law heavy, the second section is going to be academic commentary heavy (I suggest including whatever the Law Commission said in their consultation papers and recommendations etc).

I doubt that there will be much legislation to look at other than the LRA 2002. Obviously cases under the LRA 1925 are relevant, though note that there was no requirement under the '25 Act that the occupation be 'obvious on a reasonable inspection of the land' as well as 'actual'.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (928)
42.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (413)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise