The Student Room Group

Man found guilty of being "grossly offensive" after teaching pet dog to heil Hitler

In Scotland a man taught his dog how to do a roman salute and he has recently been charged with hate crime for what is essentially a joke.
What ever happened to free speech and being a free country? What a joke.
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/16099568.Scots__Nazi_dog__film_maker_found_guilty_of__being_grossly_offensive_online/

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wewlad_
In Scotland a man taught his dog how to do a roman salute and he has recently been charged with hate crime for what is essentially a joke.
What ever happened to free speech and being a free country? What a joke.
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/16099568.Scots__Nazi_dog__film_maker_found_guilty_of__being_grossly_offensive_online/

Complete and utter ****. That's all I have to say. W A N K E R S
You can't make this **** up. Meanwhile in Telford...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Another White man guilty of doing something wrong because of stupid Western laws on hate speech

But if I were to hold up a sign saying those Germans murdered in dresden bombings, or the many POW's starved to death deserved to die

It would be fine
Reply 4
I think Dankula is a bit of a whopper to be honest, but this is beyond the pale. Absolutely shambolic.
Reply 5
A bit of context for those just browsing:
He did the nazi pug video to annoy his gf. The idea was she found her pug (Buddha) really cute, so he made it into a nazi (he basically taught it to 'give paw' whenever he said some nazi lines) to annoy her. He said this and the fact he doesn't support nazis or hate jews within the video.
He can literally be sent to jail and have to pay a fine for making fun of nazis, sentencing has been deferred to 23rd of April.

I liked his shitposts and he was actually a nice guy, he wasn't a nazi and he actually made multiple videos (some were live streams) and tweets where he mocked the alt right and neo-nazis.
I'm a lil' mad.
Beyond ridiculous.
He only wanted to annoy his gf, what the actual ****? Do hate crime laws not account for context at all?
By the way, they have deferred the sentencing until the end of April. He's already had this trial hanging over his head for two years.

They are trying to punish him twice. Once with the costs, stress, and life constraints of a long and drawn out trial. Another with the punishment itself.
Utterly ridiculous, clearly the police and CPS are over-funded if they've got time to waste on this nonsense.
it's the dog's fault , prob been reading Mein Kampf too much!
Go have a look at his twitter feed, pretty obvious he's a far right guy and this wasnt simply a "joke".
He shouldn't have been charged.

But on a level who tries to teach their dog "Heil Hitler" like theirs so much better ways to annoy your girlfriend...don't really understand why you would want to annoy your girl either but I assume just for fun.

But again, on a level whyyyyyyy man fgsssss :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by mc_miah
He shouldn't have been charged.

But on a level who tries to teach their dog "Heil Hitler" like theirs so much better ways to annoy your girlfriend...don't really understand why you would want to annoy your girl either but I assume just for fun.

But again, on a level whyyyyyyy man fgsssss :biggrin:

Well to be honest the idea of a pug doing a roman salute is pretty amusing.
so sad that the legal system is focusing on stupid cases like this and actually convicting him
Original post by mattchaamp
Go have a look at his twitter feed, pretty obvious he's a far right guy and this wasnt simply a "joke".

He was a big fan of Corbyn 2 years ago when he made the joke.

2 years of being prosecuted for it may have pushed him to the side that is most vocally against this kind of thing.
i have no words
The dog may need to go through a Denazification programme.
"If you don't believe in a person's right to say things that you might find 'grossly offensive', then you don't believe in Freedom of Speech." ~Ricky Gervais.

Couldn't agree more.
Original post by AngeryPenguin
He was a big fan of Corbyn 2 years ago when he made the joke.

2 years of being prosecuted for it may have pushed him to the side that is most vocally against this kind of thing.

Is that what he claims to appear more legitimate?

Oh, "ive woken up to the PC culture now im a far right idiot"

Nah. He's definitely always been like that.

Quick Reply

Latest