im failing everything

Watch
JayrZ
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hi guys, so ive gone from a 7 a* 3 a student at gcse to an utter failure in a levels. i take fm, maths, phyiscs and econ and im literally failing all of them. i do no work at all, i watch videos and think i understand the topic (maths) but in tests i literally know **** all by myself. my predictors are in 2 months, and i want to revise but i have no motivation at all and would rather play fortnite all evening or talk to my girlfriend. what do i do?

username3836852
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi there,

I am literally the same. I do maths, biology and chemistry. I surprisingly did so well at GCSE, but now I am failing everything.

I can't find anything to motivate me, I just feel sad and empty and want to do no work. I am not even worried about my mocks.

What I want to do, is make myself feel better first. Like reading a book, listening to music, relaxing : anything that will make me a little happier. Then once I feel a little better, I will try to set myself goals e.g. writing a list of what I am going to do each day- but make sure it's achievable. I hope that will work.

It sounds like your a bit depressed, or maybe feeling like your down in dumps, even though you may think your not. I think you should maybe talk to someone, or if you don't want to, write your feelings down in a book, to maybe help you feel a bit better.

I hope you feel motivated some day in the near future .
THS2018
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JayrZ)
hi guys, so ive gone from a 7 a* 3 a student at gcse to an utter failure in a levels. i take fm, maths, phyiscs and econ and im literally failing all of them. i do no work at all, i watch videos and think i understand the topic (maths) but in tests i literally know **** all by myself. my predictors are in 2 months, and i want to revise but i have no motivation at all and would rather play fortnite all evening or talk to my girlfriend. what do i do?
Hi,
I have found myself in a similar predicment, i take Physics, Biology and Psychology. They way you have to think about this is the fact you are the only one that can change this negative triad (Refereance the Beck's nagative traid). We all have things that take us away from school work, i'm currently sat using mine at this moment (Laptop). Personally my end of year exams are 10 weeks away which is pretty scary, so i use this and my anxiety levels to force myself to study. Sometimes i just want to give up in A levels all together, but in the end its going to get better, you have maximum 14 months left until you can naff off out of school. Hope this helps
username2820734
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JayrZ)
I do Physics, Maths and Economics. I would reccomend doing practice of past papers and en masse. Only subject that I'm failing rn is Economics but I'm going to put a lot of work into it to bring my work up. It's just like English with a structure. I am very good with the content, but my timing is a bit crap. I'd say that girlfriends can be a big distraction and personally I had to call it quits because it took me away from my work. Luckily I only had one AS level exam so I managed to get an A which will set me up well for an A* at A level, but she on the other hand didn't do so well...
love is a lie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JayrZ)
Pray to Lord Jesus
JayrZ
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by love is a lie)
Pray to Lord Jesus
lol if it helps i went on to get A*A*A and now study maths and econ at LSE. but i also have a thyroid condition which seriously impacted my studies ( didnt know till now), made me lazy and **** but luckily i still managed to get the grades
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (79)
42.47%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (32)
17.2%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (72)
38.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed