The Student Room Group

Making friends

Just here to meet people and make friends, especially anyone who's going to Northumbria Uni since that's where I plan on going :biggrin:
Hi @Percival_,

That's so exciting, congratulations on getting your place! :biggrin:

What course are you going to be studying?

I'm currently in my third year at Northumbria studying Business with Marketing Management. I would do anything to be a fresher again :smile:

Emily
Hey! Thank you! I can't wait to start at Northumbria. I'm going into Film And Television Production which I cannot wait to begin, me and 2 of my friends are going to NU but I always want to make more friends. How have you found the Northumbria Experience so far? Any tips or recommendations? Cam :smile:
Original post by Percival_
Just here to meet people and make friends, especially anyone who's going to Northumbria Uni since that's where I plan on going :biggrin:

I'm biased but Newcastle is a great city to be a student in.
Yeah I come up to Newcastle around once a month, love the city its amazing, any good places for nights out?
Yeah I come up to Newcastle around once a month, love the city its amazing, any good places for nights out?

I've never really been one for the nightclubs but I believe there are quite a few of them. If it's a craft-beer establishment you're after, however, I highly recommend the 'Newcastle Tap' (more-or-less opposite the Royal Station Hotel).
Ahhh nice, I love craft beers, we have a couple bars where I live, so i'll be sure to check it out
Hey! Thank you! I can't wait to start at Northumbria. I'm going into Film And Television Production which I cannot wait to begin, me and 2 of my friends are going to NU but I always want to make more friends. How have you found the Northumbria Experience so far? Any tips or recommendations? Cam :smile:

Ah that sounds like fun! I've had a chance to look around the facilities for your course and they look really cool :smile:

Yeah I'd definitely recommend having a look and seeing who else is going to Northumbria, I know they also have Facebook pages for the different accommodations and a Freshers 2018 page which may be of use!

I've absolutely loved it so far, coming to University is definitely the best decision I've made and Newcastle as a city is just amazing :h:

In terms of nightlife there's such a variety depending on what music you're into! There are also a lot of bars that offer trebles which were a new concept to me before I came but they're definitely a custom in Newcastle!

Emily
Awesome! I can't wait to start living in Newcastle, I go at least once a month and i love the city. I'll check that facebook page out, see if I can meet some new people who I can hang out with at Freshers. I suppose I'll just have to try all of the bars in that case :biggrin: But thanks for replying, I'm glad i got some feedback from someone who's lived the experience!
It's great that you have already been here a few times before you move here so you'll already know your way around a little bit. Trying out all of the bars sounds like a great challenge! They are all so close to eachother as well and so easy to get to. It may take a while though as there are so many great ones to choose from!

You'll have an amazing time!

No worries at all. If you have any more questions then i'll be happy to answer them :smile:

Emily

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending