The Student Room Group

Student Loans

According to the GOV Website, the student finance will only provide 4 years of funding. However, I have already used up one year and at the moment I'm looking to start a 4-year degree + Masters.
The course I want to do is composed of:

1st-year uni - loan from student finance

2nd-year uni - loan from student finance

3rd year placement year - I will pay for this year as it is only 20%

4th-year uni - loan from student finance

5th-year masters - Would I still be able to get the student finance to fund this last year as it is part of my course or would I have to look for a different loan to fund this year??
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by H.G.S.
According to the GOV Website, the student finance will only provide 4 years of funding. However, I have already used up one year and at the moment I'm looking to start a 4-year degree + Masters.
The course I want to do is composed of:

1st-year uni - loan from student finance

2nd-year uni - loan from student finance

3rd year placement year - I will pay for this year as it is only 20%

4th-year uni - loan from student finance

5th-year masters - Would I still be able to get the student finance to fund this last year as it is part of my course or would I have to look for a different loan to fund this year??

Hi H.G.S,

Just to confirm, are you doing a 5 year undergraduate course where the 5th year is an integrated Masters year?

Thank you,

John.
Reply 2
Yes John that's what I'm doing.
Original post by H.G.S.
Yes John that's what I'm doing.

Hi H.G.S,

Student Finance will fund the length of your new course, whether it is three or four years plus an additional year, minus any previous study that you may have had.

We allow you one additional year of support, should you have to repeat a year of study, or wish to transfer to a different course.

Thanks Rona
Reply 4
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi H.G.S,

Student Finance will fund the length of your new course, whether it is three or four years plus an additional year, minus any previous study that you may have had.

We allow you one additional year of support, should you have to repeat a year of study, or wish to transfer to a different course.

Thanks Rona

Thank you for the good news Rona.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending