The Student Room Group

What punishment should be given to rapists

Should they get a life sentence, death penalty etc.

Your thoughts...

Do you ever believe that criminals like murderers, rapists can ever be reformed?

Scroll to see replies

Whatever will cause life long pain and suffering. Rape is not something I would wish on anyone.
Original post by tedgfbtebfetedfb
They should get nothing tbh. They are just acting on a natural instinct.

So... it's completely acceptable for someone to rape a child, yeah?
10 years on a isolated island
Reply 4
They should get nothing tbh. They are just acting on a natural instinct.

What a stupid statement. We should exhibit self control. Society following by your logic would be an outright disaster.

EDIT: Discovered it was sarcastic, I withdraw this statement to this user, but for anyone who thinks this way, this statement stands.
(edited 6 years ago)
It was a sarcastic post ffs

Kind of gathered, but there a lot of people who believe that.
Lol your thread titles sound like homework essay questions. :sly:
It was a sarcastic post ffs

Original post by LadyEcliptic
So... it's completely acceptable for someone to rape a child, yeah?

Original post by ineedtorevise127
Should they get a life sentence, death penalty etc.

Your thoughts...

Do you ever believe that criminals like murderers, rapists can ever be reformed?

But seriously all jokes aside women always complain about rape and the punishment should be death and everything... But when a woman rapes a man she only gets a few years and is charged with only sexual assault. The definition of rape is tailored for women "penetration by a foreign object". It is impossible for a woman to be charged with rape due to this definition and the law being tailored for women. And feminists have the cheek to ask for "equal pay" and other stuff. The definition for feminism is "The advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes." Basically equal rights for men and women.I have never once seen a feminist campaign for "mens rights" and how a woman cannot be charged for rape against a woman. And lets not get started on the women taking advantage of this and making false rape accusations on men...
If they're men? lynch mobs. If they are women? a pat on the back and a congratulations to their victim..and that's what gynocentric culture deems suitable as punishment for rapists.
(edited 6 years ago)
But seriously all jokes aside women always complain about rape and the punishment should be death and everything... But when a woman rapes a man she only gets a few years and is charged with only sexual assault. The definition of rape is tailored for women "penetration by a foreign object". It is impossible for a woman to be charged with rape due to this definition and the law being tailored for women. And feminists have the cheek to ask for "equal pay" and other stuff. The definition for feminism is "The advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes." Basically equal rights for men and women.I have never once seen a feminist campaign for "mens rights" and how a woman cannot be charged for rape against a woman. And lets not get started on the women taking advantage of this and making false rape accusations on men...

Telling you right now a lot of that is ********.

I was raped at 8 years old and reported it to police. Although taking seriously, I had to prove it happened, despite extensive medical back up and witnesses, it still didn't get through court.

Women and men are being made to be the guilty ones when they accuse someone of assault. Yeah, I get that people make it up, pretty sick that someone would, because the trauma that comes from it is horrible. Anyone in my head would have OD'd by now.

By law, rape is only committed by penetration. Yes, it is very possible for women to be convicted of rape, sadly, that depends on the judge and prosecution on what is defined as rape.

Unless you've actually been through that turmoil your "opinion" doesn't really count.

If I had the opportunity to hurt those people, I wouldn't, because I'm above that. But I'd sure as hell would like them locked up for life so they can't do it to anyone else.
castration
Original post by LadyEcliptic
Telling you right now a lot of that is ********.

I was raped at 8 years old and reported it to police. Although taking seriously, I had to prove it happened, despite extensive medical back up and witnesses, it still didn't get through court.

Women and men are being made to be the guilty ones when they accuse someone of assault. Yeah, I get that people make it up, pretty sick that someone would, because the trauma that comes from it is horrible. Anyone in my head would have OD'd by now.

By law, rape is only committed by penetration. Yes, it is very possible for women to be convicted of rape, sadly, that depends on the judge and prosecution on what is defined as rape.

Unless you've actually been through that turmoil your "opinion" doesn't really count.

If I had the opportunity to hurt those people, I wouldn't, because I'm above that. But I'd sure as hell would like them locked up for life so they can't do it to anyone else.

Unless a woman penetrates a men then it wont be rape. That doesn't happen. If a woman forces a man to penetrate her (this is not legally rape) she is doing in my opinion the equivalent of a man forcing a woman to get penetrated. However in this situation the woman rapist would be charged with 3 yrs sexual assault and the man would be charged with 20+ yrs.

By the way I was "sexually assaulted" at age 8 as well so my opinion does count:smile:
Unless a woman penetrates a men then it wont be rape. That doesn't happen. If a woman forces a man to penetrate her (this is not legally rape) she is doing in my opinion the equivalent of a man forcing a woman to get penetrated. However in this situation the woman rapist would be charged with 3 yrs sexual assault and the man would be charged with 20+ yrs.

By the way I was "sexually assaulted" at age 8 as well so my opinion does count:smile:

Which...we all agree...is ********.

Rape should simply mean having non-consensual sex (as a broad definition). The word penetration unequally swings the pendelum in the women's favour, allowing them to get away with non-consensual sex.
Reply 13
Original post by umbrella321
castration

An cruel, drastic and thoughtless punishment; I'm pretty sure that breaches some sort of human right.. And though females rapist cases are less common, I wonder what you think should happen to female rapists? You can't castrate them.
Head off.

Too many people on this planet anyway.
Reply 15
Original post by HighOnGoofballs

Rape should simply mean having non-consensual sex (as a broad definition). The word penetration unequally swings the pendelum in the women's favour, allowing them to get away with non-consensual sex.

PRSOM
Nothing permanent.

I've seen some people advocate for castration or the death penalty, but may I remind you rape is a very hard crime to convict, which is why it has the lowest conviction rate. Even then, there are many many innocent people convicted of rape, because again, it's so hard to get all the facts right.

The death penalty (as well as castration), should only be reserved for crimines such as serial murder in which there is no shadow of doubt that the defendant commited said henious crime...and serial child rape, I guess etc. stuff along those lines.

Not singular rape cases.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by HighOnGoofballs

Hoe comes when I say it its ******** and when that dragon @LadyEcliptic said it wasn't ********. I agree with your second point tho
A perfect punishment would be......

Spoiler

I agree, women easily get away with rape/sexual assault, i was walking up a flight of stairs and my ass was slapped by a female, nothing happens but if it was the other way around.

Quick Reply

Latest