The Student Room Group

Acne Nurse Practitioner Appointment

To put a long story short, I went to the doctors around 2 years ago for something (that was fine in the end) but the doctor asked me if I was doing anything regarding my spots out of the blue, I replied No. He stated 'thats not good' and perscribed me with oxytetracycline and 2 tropical face creams and immidatley referred me to dermatology. (Quite glad the doctor said something as me being a young male, I'm not the best talking about problems).

So I went to dermatolgy who assed my mental wellbeing with questions, then photos were taken and then saw a derm doctor who kept me on the same medication but said I should highy consider Roccatune.

2 year down the line and my life got busy and all the dermatology stuff went out the window becuase they kept accidentally discharging me and I didn't have the time to keep dealing with it.

I have just been doing the face creams but I'm now 21 and still getting regular spots. So I rang my doctors who booked me in for the same day within 2 hours with a nurse and explained I probally might need to see dermatology again as its been a long while.

I explain to the nurse of my concern of the acne coming back. She just basically said 'I have seen a lot worse' (she hardly even looked). She said 'do you want a tablet again' I replied 'if that would be for the best, I will do that thanks'. She looked through my previous medicine and said 'I will do 3 months of oxytetracycline'. I asked her about will I need to go and see dermatology again and she replied 'they wont wanna keep seeing you all the time and they like us to deal with it when possible'.

Just wondering if you think that was fine what she was saying. Should I just do the 3 months on the tablets and see how it goes?
Sounds reasonable. Try the meds again, you can always go back if things don't improve.

Quick Reply

Latest