The Student Room Group

how study BTEC without GCSEs

Hello I am Ayoub from Algeria 23 years I left school for about 4 years and did not complete high school. Currently I do not have a high school diploma, I have heard about a certificate BTEC Currently I want to study BTEC LVL 3 it but I have a certificate problem GCSEs Because I do not have it, also im weak in english and math Now I want you to tell me what steps I should do How to get a certificate GCSEs To study BTEC and what the best College in uk to study BTEC I hope help me guys with some step
Original post by rain17a
Hello I am Ayoub from Algeria 23 years I left school for about 4 years and did not complete high school. Currently I do not have a high school diploma, I have heard about a certificate BTEC Currently I want to study BTEC LVL 3 it but I have a certificate problem GCSEs Because I do not have it, also im weak in english and math Now I want you to tell me what steps I should do How to get a certificate GCSEs To study BTEC and what the best College in uk to study BTEC I hope help me guys with some step

1.Contact national careers for advice.
https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/contact-us/home
2.Do you have indefinite leave t remain? Talk to your local college about GCSE Maths and English. Get either Level 1 and then GCSE Level 2. You may need a few more GCSEs as well.
3. Enrol on a BTEC course, assuming the college will let you. Some are age restricted. You also need to finance the course, You have to be eligible for the loan and that depends on your status. Right to remain, how long you have lived here etc.If you are an asylum seeker then special rules apply.
https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan

4. There are other kind of curses besides btec so make sure you have careers advice and choose the right sort for you. That is why you need careers advice. Make sire the qualification, does what you want it to i.e g to uni or do work skills. Make sure you get advice as education can be expensive.
My fried dropped out of school with no GCSEs and he had to enrol on a L1 and work his way up as on l1 and 2 usually you can re sit English and maths along side!
He is currently on the last year of L3 and I’m so proud of him!
Maybe you can do the same thing?

However your best first step is to contact NCS (national Careers Service)

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest