The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

What happens if I cannot meet the STEP requirement for my offer?

Hi all, I am an international student from Singapore, and have recently been granted a conditional offer from Imperial to read Computer Science. The conditions are really strict -- AAAA in all my H2 subjects (we don't have A* so A is the highest grade), a merit in my H3 Pharmaceutical Science, as well as a grade 2 in STEP 1 Math.

I already have met all the other requirements except STEP Math. However, the problem right now is that I have to go for my mandatory national military conscription from next week until around July, so I may not be able to book out of the camp to take the test, especially if it clashes with key military events. Even if I were able to do so, I would also not be able to have ample practice time (apart from certain weekends when I am allowed to book out of camp) to prepare for the test.

What should I do? Should I tell Imperial about my circumstance? Do you think they will still accept me even if I do not meet their STEP requirements?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by richhardry
Hi all, I am an international student from Singapore, and have recently been granted a conditional offer from Imperial to read Computer Science. The conditions are really strict -- AAAA in all my H2 subjects (we don't have A* so A is the highest grade), a merit in my H3 Pharmaceutical Science, as well as a grade 2 in STEP 1 Math.

I already have met all the other requirements except STEP Math. However, the problem right now is that I have to go for my mandatory national military conscription from next week until around July, so I may not be able to book out of the camp to take the test, especially if it clashes with key military events. Even if I were able to do so, I would also not be able to have ample practice time (apart from certain weekends when I am allowed to book out of camp) to prepare for the test.

What should I do? Should I tell Imperial about my circumstance? Do you think they will still accept me even if I do not meet their STEP requirements?

If you do not meet their requirements, then it is at their discretion.. It would be better for you to contact them and ask. There is more chance they will accept you if they know your situation and give them some background. Only they can decide.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending