The Student Room Group

How to revise macbeth, jane eyre and an inspector calls?

Yeah What is the efficient way of revising the literature plays and novel alongside poetry? I want to make sure I get a level 6- 9 in my literature
Reply 1
Personally, if think revision by themes is most effective. Identify 5/6 key themes and then find quotes that link to each theme. (be selective - 4 Well analysed quotes are infinitly better than 20 quotes just dropped in)

I like to set it out with 3 circles, each drawn inside of each other and divided into 4. So you end up with something that looks a bit like an archery target. In the inner circle you write the quote, second circle you explain link between quote and theme and in final circle you explain what the authors point is. Remember that it's a social commentary, and Mr Author wants to impact/change something about society.

You could also do straight up quote mindmaps, with a theme in the centre and quotes coming off. Or Flashcards. Theme on one side then evidence for this theme on the other.

Hope this helped.
Reply 2
I revised by each person and colour coded them with themes, so I remembered probably 15 quotes per person for each book and remembered the annotations I’d made for them. Also try to remember context as you can tie that into your answer. For poetry I thought mr Bruff was really helpful on YouTube
Reply 3
For inspector calls do flash cards of each character or mind map with their quotes and analyses and themes
and practice different questions n themes and characters

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending