someone is catfishing as me?

Watch
niallh1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I got a message from a friend yesterday asking me about how I am finding Tinder, I have never used Tinder or have any plans on using it, I personally find online dating artificial so this confused me massively. He said that I matched with one of his male friends from work so I am on it. Later, he got a screenshot of my profile and it was pictures of me from my instagram and my name. This catfish is using my pictures to match with local gay guys and I am straight! I am afraid he is going to say something or do something that will slander me, I don't care if people think I am gay but it could massively hinder my chances to get with girls on nights out and eventually get in a relationship with a girl. What do I do??
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by niallh1)
I got a message from a friend yesterday asking me about how I am finding Tinder, I have never used Tinder or have any plans on using it, I personally find online dating artificial so this confused me massively. He said that I matched with one of his male friends from work so I am on it. Later, he got a screenshot of my profile and it was pictures of me from my instagram and my name. This catfish is using my pictures to match with local gay guys and I am straight! I am afraid he is going to say something or do something that will slander me, I don't care if people think I am gay but it could massively hinder my chances to get with girls on nights out and eventually get in a relationship with a girl. What do I do??
Can you report the profile to Tinder?
serpent666
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You should contact tinder and report the profile.
niallh1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tiger Rag)
Can you report the profile to Tinder?
I am not on Tinder, so I think to report it i'd have to make a profile myself and match with it? Surely if I make a real profile and I try to match with them they won't match with me therefore I'd not be able to report it
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

It's probably your friend doing the catfishing

If I saw one of my straight friends had matched with a work colleague I wouldn't be like "oh, so how's Tinder?" ...i'd be like "dude?, I never knew you were gay!?"
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are you that fit they'd catfish using your pics bro
niallh1
Rep:
?
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
Are you that fit they'd catfish using your pics bro
I wouldn't say i'm ugly and I keep fit from playing football but my looks have nothing to do with why I got catfished. I don't know I feel like it's a more reputation thing. Like a lot of people don't like me because the guys I hang around are kind of d1cks but well known.
niallh1
Rep:
?
(Original post by ANM775)
It's probably your friend doing the catfishing

If I saw one of my straight friends had matched with a work colleague I wouldn't be like "oh, so how's Tinder?" ...i'd be like "dude?, I never knew you were gay!?"
My friend did say question my sexuality but he was asking me how finding a guy was going. Like he was taking the p*ss out of me
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I wouldn't say i'm ugly and I keep fit from playing football but my looks have nothing to do with why I got catfished. I don't know I feel like it's a more reputation thing. Like a lot of people don't like me because the guys I hang around are kind of d1cks but well known.
Reputation won't lure lads on Tinder it has to be looks. Are you a ****?

I doubt girls will know you're on Tinder if they've set it to men/guys only.

Report it if its such a concern
niallh1
Rep:
?
Reputation won't lure lads on Tinder it has to be looks. Are you a ****?

I doubt girls will know you're on Tinder if they've set it to men/guys only.

Report it if its such a concern
No I mean reputation as people will spread the word that I look for guys on Tinder to other people because word gets around. I would report it but not sure how?
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No I mean reputation as people will spread the word that I look for guys on Tinder to other people because word gets around. I would report it but not sure how?
How old are you? Googling is easy lol

https://www.help.tinder.com/hc/en-us...eport-someone-
niallh1
Rep:
?
How old are you? Googling is easy lol

https://www.help.tinder.com/hc/en-us...eport-someone-
17 haha, I can't access those type of websites on school wifi though!
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
17 haha, I can't access those type of websites on school wifi though!
At home?

It's simple, follow instructions or Internet cafe? If you live in UK, judging by your name, you're Irish from NI/Ireland. So try that mate.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Moved to Relationships
niallh1
Rep:
?
At home?

It's simple, follow instructions or Internet cafe? If you live in UK, judging by your name, you're Irish from NI/Ireland. So try that mate.
yeah will have to wait till weekend bc boarding school haha
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yeah will have to wait till weekend bc boarding school haha
Boarding? Damn always wonder why parents send children 🤔
niallh1
Rep:
?
Boarding? Damn always wonder why parents send children 🤔
Haha it was my choice surprisingly!
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Haha it was my choice surprisingly!
That's more understandable lol

Can be exciting I'm sure.
niallh1
Rep:
?
That's more understandable lol

Can be exciting I'm sure.
yeah well I get more school work done a lot better haha
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yeah well I get more school work done a lot better haha
Is it like Hogwarts? 😋
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads