grovyle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi, i accepted camberwell drawing as my firm choice yesterday and was hoping to connect with other students who have applied or are thinking of or put it as their firm too! or if there are other camberwell applicants who wanna chat. i know drawing is one of the newer and smaller courses so won't be as big of a community here as illustration at camberwell or any of the other courses but it's worth a shot!

im clyde, im 19 and in my last year of a-levels. i got a conditional but i've only got to get two c grades at a-level and i'll be in ba drawing
JoBrownArt
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same here. I guess by your username you also like pokemon?
grovyle
Rep:
?
(Original post by JoBrownArt)
Same here. I guess by your username you also like pokemon?
among other things yes! grovyles a favorite
what made you choose the drawing course? and camberwell? and how did your interview go? i went back to camberwell a week or so ago to talk with the drawing course leader cause i was stuck between illustration at middlesex and drawing at camberwell but seeing the uni again and talking with her really confirmed i wanted to be there. also those drawing studios are just amazing
i hope to see you there in september!
JoBrownArt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by grovyle)
among other things yes! grovyles a favorite
what made you choose the drawing course? and camberwell? and how did your interview go? i went back to camberwell a week or so ago to talk with the drawing course leader cause i was stuck between illustration at middlesex and drawing at camberwell but seeing the uni again and talking with her really confirmed i wanted to be there. also those drawing studios are just amazing
i hope to see you there in september!
One of my favourites too

I chose the drawing course because I've always worked best with pencils and similar things.

I'm not able to travel very far from home so I was limited to a few places. The degree level fine art course at my college got shut down and I didn't get on to the painting course at Wimbledon so Camberwell was my only other option.

My interview at camberwell went really well. the woman interviewing me allowed me to take my time answering her questions and did a really good job explaining to me about how the drawing or illustration courses would be a better fit for me (I originally applied for painting because I didn't know the drawing course existed). yeah I can't remember the studios too well and I can't seem to find any photographs of them online but I remember thinking that they would be a good place for me to work in when I went on a quick tour

Yeah I'll probably see you then
grovyle
Rep:
?
(Original post by JoBrownArt)
One of my favourites too

I chose the drawing course because I've always worked best with pencils and similar things.

I'm not able to travel very far from home so I was limited to a few places. The degree level fine art course at my college got shut down and I didn't get on to the painting course at Wimbledon so Camberwell was my only other option.

My interview at camberwell went really well. the woman interviewing me allowed me to take my time answering her questions and did a really good job explaining to me about how the drawing or illustration courses would be a better fit for me (I originally applied for painting because I didn't know the drawing course existed). yeah I can't remember the studios too well and I can't seem to find any photographs of them online but I remember thinking that they would be a good place for me to work in when I went on a quick tour

Yeah I'll probably see you then
hey same here! ive always been drawing since i was really little so it made sense to me. i found with the course though all the students had really different styles and work, it was all so different! you'll never be lacking inspiration or be bored

how far away from camberwell are you? one of my other choices was falmouth uni but when reviewing stuff i was terrified of the distance from home. camberwell is only about an hour or so away from home for me so i can go home whenever i want

i'm glad it went well! it was my last interview so i wasn't worried much unlike the other people i was with where it was their first interviews i didn't know that they suggest better courses for you though, i've never heard of that! but that's pretty cool, instead of just turning you down they put you on another course

now that i think about it i should have taken photos of the studios and uni in general to keep it fresh in my mind but i remember enough to know its the one. i loved the environment of the uni a lot, it just felt really nice. i can't wait to start studying there
JoBrownArt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey same here! ive always been drawing since i was really little so it made sense to me. i found with the course though all the students had really different styles and work, it was all so different! you'll never be lacking inspiration or be bored

how far away from camberwell are you? one of my other choices was falmouth uni but when reviewing stuff i was terrified of the distance from home. camberwell is only about an hour or so away from home for me so i can go home whenever i want

i'm glad it went well! it was my last interview so i wasn't worried much unlike the other people i was with where it was their first interviews i didn't know that they suggest better courses for you though, i've never heard of that! but that's pretty cool, instead of just turning you down they put you on another course

now that i think about it i should have taken photos of the studios and uni in general to keep it fresh in my mind but i remember enough to know its the one. i loved the environment of the uni a lot, it just felt really nice. i can't wait to start studying there
I'm an hour away by bus
JoBrownArt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I made a thread asking if anyone could take some pictures of the studios, so hopefully someone will eventually
Lavissa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey I set Drawing as my firm too! Are you guys going to be living in halls?
JoBrownArt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lavissa)
Hi I'll be living at home
grovyle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lavissa)
im thinking about halls! i applied for gardens house and portland house, but i'd prefer gardens

we have a facebook chat for camberwell students starting in September and there's me, another drawing student and about 7 other people so if you'd be interested i can give the link
JoBrownArt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im thinking about halls! i applied for gardens house and portland house, but i'd prefer gardens

we have a facebook chat for camberwell students starting in September and there's me, another drawing student and about 7 other people so if you'd be interested i can give the link
I'd be interested in getting the link too if that's OK
grovyle
Rep:
?
just got home from work sorry for the delay

join this (https://www.facebook.com/groups/333543400481922/) group on facebook, it's got all the people joining ual this september from across all the colleges like lcf, csm etc. just put a introduction post on there saying where you'll be studying and what course and in the group chat we'll see youre a camberwell person and add you to the chat (there's a running joke we have of how we hardly have any while the others like lcc and lcf have tons of people going, so when we see a camberwell person we'll spot you immediately)

this is easier than having to find your exact profiles and add you individually
JoBrownArt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
just got home from work sorry for the delay

join this (https://www.facebook.com/groups/333543400481922/) group on facebook, it's got all the people joining ual this september from across all the colleges like lcf, csm etc. just put a introduction post on there saying where you'll be studying and what course and in the group chat we'll see youre a camberwell person and add you to the chat (there's a running joke we have of how we hardly have any while the others like lcc and lcf have tons of people going, so when we see a camberwell person we'll spot you immediately)

this is easier than having to find your exact profiles and add you individually
ok thank you I apologize in advance if I leave the chat suddenly. I'm trying to get used to talking to new people and I think it will be fine during the summer but I doubt I'd want to stay in a group chat once the course starts
mustwinnie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks, it is very useful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (282)
46.61%
No (69)
11.4%
I'm not old enough (254)
41.98%

Watched Threads