The Student Room Group

Glasgow school of Art or Newcastle Uni for Architecture

Hi I have offers from both Glasgow school of art and Newcastle uni to study architecture but I am so indecisive on what to choose! Does anyone have any pros and cons from these unis?
GSA is obviously a very arty course whereas Newcastle is one of the slightly more technical courses, as far as I know. So if you have a preference between arty and technical, you might have your answer. Other than that, GSA is probably the more prestigious/respected course out of the two.
Reply 2
Original post by sophiehenderson2
Hi I have offers from both Glasgow school of art and Newcastle uni to study architecture but I am so indecisive on what to choose! Does anyone have any pros and cons from these unis?

Hey there, I'm also faced with the same exact decision to make. I've visited GSA and Newcastle, and I really like both of the unis! They're definitely on the top of my list.

I almost make GSA as my firm choice since I like the uni, the city and the people.. But mainly because I heard Newcastle gonna rely more on the math and science. However, after speaking to the program manager for arch, he told me that the course would stress more on creativity.
Newcastle's program appeals to me very much. I look through the student's work and sketches, I just feel like that their Arch is very strong. So I also I feel convinced into choosing Newcastle.

Anyways, do you personally have your own pros and cons for both uni? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending