maths gcse foundation teir

Watch this thread
soniakxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hey guys
i know ive already said it but ill explain again for those that didn't see before.
my teacher in maths said im more capable of getting a grade 5 in foundation than higher so ive been moved down but i feel sooooooooooooooooo dumb and idk if i can do it anymore and ive been told its very hard to get a 5 on foundation and i don't even know omg.
any advice or info? ;(
username3741972
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Why do you want a 5? 4 is basically a C
soniakxx
Rep:
(Original post by Jheinexx)
Why do you want a 5? 4 is basically a C
i dont mind a 4 but i prefer a 5
Nancyxttley
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
If you feel you should do higher then ask your teacher for a practice test to show you are capable of achieving it. Also don't loose hope, what I recommend is going through the maths specification (the topics) and looking at things you struggle with. Make notes then attempt a question on the topic as if you were sitting the exam (no phone, textbook or help.) You could also look into getting a tutor or ask your teacher for extra help or after school revision sessions.
If you want resources to help revise I recommend the CGP revision guide and the TUTOR2U flashcards.(Can be found online)
JRimmer27
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by soniakxx)
hey guys
i know ive already said it but ill explain again for those that didn't see before.
my teacher in maths said im more capable of getting a grade 5 in foundation than higher so ive been moved down but i feel sooooooooooooooooo dumb and idk if i can do it anymore and ive been told its very hard to get a 5 on foundation and i don't even know omg.
any advice or info? ;(
Actually dont feel dumb. Our exam board (edexcel) has revealed that it is more harder to reach a 5 in higher maths than it is in foundation. You just need more marks because the first 12 or so questions are leve 1 question!!! Trust me.
soniakxx
Rep:
(Original post by Nancyxttley)
If you feel you should do higher then ask your teacher for a practice test to show you are capable of achieving it. Also don't loose hope, what I recommend is going through the maths specification (the topics) and looking at things you struggle with. Make notes then attempt a question on the topic as if you were sitting the exam (no phone, textbook or help.) You could also look into getting a tutor or ask your teacher for extra help or after school revision sessions.
If you want resources to help revise I recommend the CGP revision guide and the TUTOR2U flashcards.(Can be found online)
but thats my problem, all the higher papers ive done i keep getting grade 3s and 4s so i feel like foundation is better but i feel sooo dumb.
Nancyxttley
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
but thats my problem, all the higher papers ive done i keep getting grade 3s and 4s so i feel like foundation is better but i feel sooo dumb.
How much revision are you doing before these? Because it may be due to a lack of revision.
soniakxx
Rep:
(Original post by Nancyxttley)
How much revision are you doing before these? Because it may be due to a lack of revision.
not much if im honest but higher is just so hard
Nancyxttley
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
not much if im honest but higher is just so hard
Im currently set to do higher but (For AQA atleast) you only need half marks on all the maths test to achieve a 7.I have struggled with focussing and revision but I allowed myself to see that I have big exams coming up and now im focusing and set to pass my exams. If you want to improve you have to revise. Your not going to get anywere by avoiding it. I know it may be hard to concentrate but once you start and get a rhythm and schedule for it you should be able to get the hang of it. Also refer back to my first reply for tips.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (88)
19.47%
The paper was reasonable (173)
38.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
26.33%
It was TERRIBLE (72)
15.93%

Watched Threads