The Student Room Group

GCSE Options

I’m currently in year 9 and quite unsure about my GCSE options. I have collected my thoughts and decided on the following subjects: HISTORY|TRIPLE SCIENCE|BUSINESS STUDIES. I enjoy science and I am good at it and love history. My only regard being the topics taught such as the boring Elizabethan England and medicine. Business studies is new to me but I find it both attractive and rather useful. Triple science is quite heavy but since science is currently a good subject to me I don’t think I’ll have a problem and that’s an extra GCSE compared to the standard combined science. Any thoughts on my choices or advice????
Original post by Carl Heymann
I’m currently in year 9 and quite unsure about my GCSE options. I have collected my thoughts and decided on the following subjects: HISTORY|TRIPLE SCIENCE|BUSINESS STUDIES. I enjoy science and I am good at it and love history. My only regard being the topics taught such as the boring Elizabethan England and medicine. Business studies is new to me but I find it both attractive and rather useful. Triple science is quite heavy but since science is currently a good subject to me I don’t think I’ll have a problem and that’s an extra GCSE compared to the standard combined science. Any thoughts on my choices or advice????

Any ideas what you want to do at A Level / as a career?

(and yes, I realise you're only 14..)
are you only taking 8 GCSE's? This is not always the most attractive thing to universities as the standard number is 9. (I do triple science + French, History, RS, Music) in my school we are all required to do 10 but very jealous of you if you get to do 8!!! Good luck:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Carl Heymann

Music Pe Gcse and Drama
Original post by Raye Bennet
are you only taking 8 GCSE's? This is not always the most attractive thing to universities as the standard number is 9. (I do triple science + French, History, RS, Music) in my school we are all required to do 10 but very jealous of you if you get to do 8!!! Good luck:smile:

9 GCSEs is NOT the standard for university you’re very naive you can get into Cambridge with just 5 GCSEs but A* at a level

Quick Reply

Latest