Do you really think ouija boards work?

Watch this thread
username3016746
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
If not then explain reasons
gonper
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Got Milk)
No, they don't. I did it once with my friends when we had a little gathering. Nothing happened, therefore its bs.
cat_mac
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I don’t know but I’m white girl in a horror movie enough to want to try it.
the bear
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
i only did it once.... the message said

Spoiler:
Show
YOU
Spoiler:
Show
ARE
Spoiler:
Show
BANNED

i have never been tempted to meddle with dark forces again :afraid:
k.n.h.
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
No they don't, and I don't think I even need to provide a reason, I assume everyone knows
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
As in contacting the dead? No, because if they did, someone would have won a Noble Prize or two using them.

As in making people pay quite a bit for a board with some printing on and a pointer? Yep, it's made plenty of money. Which is what it was intended to do.
username2908878
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Aren’t they made by the same people that make monopoly or some other board game like that :laugh:
Zedress
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Ehhh i think it's possible; my dad told me a story about it once. He said when he was a teenager he and his friends decided to try it, they lit candles and everything. They asked a few questions, none of which he could remember, but after a while, he said the toughest and most rebellious of their 'friend' group suddenly walked out. When he confronted him about it, he said whilst trembling that he saw an eye in the candle...
Idk, i believe it, but i'd never try it myself. I feel like there's a lot more to this world than what we think, but that could just be me being cryptic ^_^
jdddd
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cat_mac)
Same les do it.
cat_mac
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jdddd)
Same les do it.
Worst case scenario we inspire a “real life ghost stories” type biopic of our tragic deaths. Worth it. :iiam:
jdddd
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Worst case scenario we inspire a “real life ghost stories” type biopic of our tragic deaths. Worth it. :iiam:
And our families become rich off thos those films positives for everyone.
KaylaB
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I used this one once and was far too spooked to continue :afraid:
Spoiler:
Show

Chichaldo
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Some jury folks used it for a trial decision, if it worked, the law would have allowed it ;p
TheUKAmerican
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Do it. You also need a black guy and incompetent cops, and a deformed inbred 3rd cousin who comes out to 'play' with his axe if you awaken him with the ouija board.
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Yes. My friends and I were all about 6 years old when my uncle bought in a Ouija board and we all sat down and did it. The ghost spelled out "show your penises to uncle Terry".
gjd800
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
No.
TheUKAmerican
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
No
username3079870
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Not a bit. It is likely caused by the Ideomotor effect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_phenomenon
gjd800
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jestersnow)
Not a bit. It is likely caused by the Ideomotor effect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_phenomenon
Nah, it's loads of Caspers having a Royal Rumble in me Nan's old whisky tumbler.
username3832246
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by unprinted)
As in contacting the dead? No, because if they did, someone would have won a Noble Prize or two using them.

As in making people pay quite a bit for a board with some printing on and a pointer? Yep, it's made plenty of money. Which is what it was intended to do.
Tbh if it could actually contact the dead it should be the type of thing only multi-millionaires could afford.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (43)
15.14%
The paper was reasonable (144)
50.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (69)
24.3%
It was TERRIBLE (28)
9.86%

Watched Threads