The Student Room Group

Do you really think ouija boards work?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I can imagine contacting my cousin and getting back '**** off you tit, I'm having a boss time here'
Original post by cat_mac
I don’t know but I’m white girl in a horror movie enough to want to try it.

I seriously doubt there is anything to it but I'll say this:

I can't hear a dog whistle
I have a limited range of visibility (I can't see ultraviolet light, for example)
I can't feel many of the cellular interactions in my body

What I'm saying is my (and every person's) senses are fairly limited. I'm restricted to perceiving reality through some fairly limited senses. Who knows what else is out there we cannot see/hear/feel/taste/touch.
Original post by the bear
i only did it once.... the message said

Spoiler

i have never been tempted to meddle with dark forces again :afraid:

Truely a fate worse than death :afraid:
Reply 23
I believe that the boards themselves do not work, but rumours and stories may be creating placebo effects. (They are imagining creepy stuff is happening because they are so convinced of the effects of a Ouija board.) I have tried a couple but nothing significant has ever happened.

That said, my grandmother's hairdresser once tried one and began acting strangely and feeling convinced something was following her. This continued throughout her life. Anyone else had this feeling after playing with one?
Reply 24
They were originally used to allow your subconscious to wite, it became about ghosts later on.
Original post by Bio 7
They were originally used to allow your subconscious to wite, it became about ghosts later on.

A bit like Tarot cards then. They were originally game cards but later on people started attaching a supernatural meaning to them.

Quick Reply

Latest