BertKirk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Help I'm stuck on an 8-marker in Section B of a practice paper. It is:

Explain how Lennon and McCartney use musical elements to create an uplifting, joyous mood in "With a Little Help from my Friends".

I have that its in a major key, but apart from that I'm stumped. Do any of you smart folks have ideas for some other relevant points?
Alex_eng
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lyrics, timbre, dynamics, staccato notes, cymbals,
patakie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Alex_eng)
Lyrics, timbre, dynamics, staccato notes, cymbals,
Can you please elaborate.
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by patakie)
Can you please elaborate.
Are the lyrics happy or sad? Is the texture thicker or thin - and what does this show? Any particular instruments that sound ‘joyous’?
Is it fast or slow, is the pitch high or low, is it loud or quiet?
This thread is a few months old though so I doubt you’ll get a response from any of the original thread contributors
Jon9
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BertKirk)
Help I'm stuck on an 8-marker in Section B of a practice paper. It is:

Explain how Lennon and McCartney use musical elements to create an uplifting, joyous mood in "With a Little Help from my Friends".

I have that its in a major key, but apart from that I'm stumped. Do any of you smart folks have ideas for some other relevant points?
Also think about recording techniques, genre, melodic movement etc... Basically list your elements of music, work out what is in WaLHfmF for each element, then figure out what is relevant to the question. Don't bother writing the answer in full sentences; it doesn't get you any extra marks, and you tend to make fewer points than if you were to write detailed bullet points. Finally, always remember to comment on recording techniques; that's mainly what the eight markers on Beatles want you to talk about, if you look on the mark schemes, however not as much in this particular case.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads