The Student Room Group

Girls if you have any questions for us boys, we will answer

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by notveryclever
Do dudes really care about anything but looks? Like if you have a pretty good personality but you're not stunning is there really a chance of a guy finding you attractive?

Depends on what we're looking for..
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Again, personally, all I see in a girl is their eyes...
To get our attention you have to start bussing convo with us, and also at the same time make sure you aren't begging convo
Erm, it tends to mean I don't wanna talk to you right now
OR for people like me, i probably swiped open the message by accident

You start talking to us...

Flirting is when you behave the same way when are with a guy that you like.

Number one:
i have HORRIBLE eyes. Big, BLACK eyes so i dont think i get any eye points.
I actually do start good convos, coz i actually love football and my PS4 (MY BABY)and it isnt begging either i think....
Talking to boys is so hard coz they make it awks or just change the subject like a million times.
I apparently flirt with people a lot but even dont recognize it myself????
Original post by Taz554:-)
Number one:
i have HORRIBLE eyes. Big, BLACK eyes so i dont think i get any eye points.
I actually do start good convos, coz i actually love football and my PS4 (MY BABY)and it isnt begging either i think....
Talking to boys is so hard coz they make it awks or just change the subject like a million times.
I apparently flirt with people a lot but even dont recognize it myself????

yhhh lol I have dark brown eyes as well, not black but very dark
I need a girl with green, blue or grey eyes istg

That's good, as long as you start convos and you don't beg it you should find guys easy
Guys don't wanna drone on about one topic too much cos then the convos get too deep and lose they fun sense
Plus i never knew that us guys change the topic too much, good to know tbh

Yh same, I think everyone flirts with people but don't realise it... dw about it
Original post by Anonymous
How many boners do you get in a day?

0-3 if that is a legit question 😂
Original post by cutiecorn
why are guys sextual towards their gf
like touch them up out of nowhere

Well that's not all guys as it is not me, but tbf my relationships are usually faily short so maybe guys who have longer relationships think you are chill with it (obviously assuming you object at the time or say so later on)
Original post by Taz554:-)
what do you seriously see in us? What do we do to get your attention? When you leave us on read and air us for hours what does that mean? How do you get one of you to like us? What do you count as flirting?

What do you seriously see in us?
This depends on the person. Some guys are into the bodily shape. Some like guys more specific and like certain features such as eyes or nose etc. Again everyones has their own description of beuty. Im more of a personality type of guy; I like NICE girls. Thats it. For me you've just got to be genuine and have a clean heart. Because I swear thats what reflects on a person. My favourite book quote:
“If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” -Roal Dahl

What do we do to get your attention?
Sometimes nothing. A guy can be checking you out and would just approach you. But if the guy is anyone like me-then youll have to approach them! Sorry im not shy, but I dont think I could ever make the first proper move. Thinking back to it, I wish I approached 3/10 girls who've tried getting my attention. But yeah, just go up to them and start a conversation. But if your not that confident then just smile at them. Im a sucker for that killer smile! It could be as little as maintaing eye contact; trust me its the little things that count.When you leave us on read and air us for hours what does that mean?
Guy 1: Doesnt want anything to do with you and is trying to get rid of you.
Guy 2: Is busy with work, school work, family etc.
Guy 3: Trying to play it cool but ends up looking douchey instead.
Guy 4: Is a narcissist that just gets a buzz out of 'playing hard to get'

How do you get one of you to like us?
Honestly. Just be you. Be yourself. Genuine. True. Dont pretend to be someone or something else. At the end of the day, if you get a guys number pretending to be someone else and someone you clearly arent and clearly hate to be. Then that guys into THAT person, not you. And its not fair on you and him. Just be yourself.
What do you count as flirting?
Uh....trying to be funny? Making jokes. Complimenting the guy. Making cheeky remarks. Maintaing eye contact; biting your lips, friendly touch of the elbow or whatever.

Hope this helped!

(edited 5 years ago)
Why do guys always hide your feelings? How can I tell how your feeling? Why are you so obsessed with Fortnite and Fifa 18? If a boy says "I love you in a friend way" what does that mean?

I mean guys aren't open when girl's aren't open or they are just afraid of what the girl will say in response because most of the time it is not what the guy wants to hear. Never played fortnite and left my xbox at home whilst at uni, wouldn't do either over a girl lmao,

I would say be open if you like someone can't expect it of someone else if you don't reciprocate, you both have to feel it won't ruin everything if you say something
Why do boys always like girls body’s being certain ways big ass big chest pretty face and nice hair?

Because apart from the "ass" and "chest" everything else is subjective, do you prefer an ugly face and terrible hair?
Why do boys always like girls body’s being certain ways big ass big chest pretty face and nice hair?

Natural attraction. I think it is more people about being unattractive though, most of the time a guy won't stop pursing someone unless they just really aren't attracted to them. Surely it is the same for girls?

Ofc there is an element of personality but you only get that after initial interactions which usually stem from people being attractive unless you meet in a non-looking for a partner environment like work, uni cluns etc.
Do you actually like girls who play video games or just say you do? What about if they like anime/ manga? Or want to do something like engineering? Because most guys I’ve met hate it 😅
Why do guys always hide your feelings? How can I tell how your feeling? Why are you so obsessed with Fortnite and Fifa 18? If a boy says "I love you in a friend way" what does that mean?

Why do guys always hide your feelings?
Just trying to play it cool. Living up to that stereotype of being manly and not having any feelings. But trust me we do feel! I gues sometimes we just want to come of as cool and not bothered but we end up as being douchey and arrogant. Sorry!

How can I tell how your feeling?
Well if we're hiding it then you cant! But I guess the same way how we tell how your feeling. They way were talking/texting. Visual cues such as body movement, blushing etc. If were moving around alot then were probably getting way tooo excited! If we're replying with dead replies then we might be annoyed, irritated, not bothered (trust me guys can be moody too). But realistically we should open up and let you know how it feels; sadly its not practised that way.

Why are you so obsessed with Fortnite and Fifa 18?
Im actually not so.....

If a boy says "I love you in a friend way" what does that mean?
Sorry you just got friend-zoned. They see you as an honorary 'lad'. But dont despair! It could also mean that they trust you now, your part of their inner circle. They can open up to you; which means you can get to know them more. Maybe they do care about you, but guys being guys, we cant express it properly. They might want to know more about you and would like to get closer to you; leading to a 'potential' relationship...
Original post by Supernova36
Fish and chips or sausage and mash ?

Fish and chips, recommending the chippy next to the cinema in Barnet!
Do you actually like girls who play video games or just say you do? What about if they like anime/ manga? Or want to do something like engineering? Because most guys I’ve met hate it 😅

I dont really play video games anymore, so I dont really mind. If they play, id be up for it. Again with the rest its up to them, they can do whatever they want. Everyone has their own hobbies and interests. Guys who are obviously into the same things would appreciate them more since they both share common interests, and so they can get along more. Personally, i'd love to date someone with completely different interests than me; it'll widen my perspective on things and il learn and experience new things along the way. Keeps the relationship lively. And with the engineering thing, I dont understand why they 'hate it'? Its got nothing to do with them? You can have whatever job you want, go into whatever field. Just do you. I cant express this enough. Girls you dont need to 'change' for us guys! Do whatever keeps you happy. There is a fine line between change and compromise.
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
yhhh lol I have dark brown eyes as well, not black but very dark
I need a girl with green, blue or grey eyes istg

That's good, as long as you start convos and you don't beg it you should find guys easy
Guys don't wanna drone on about one topic too much cos then the convos get too deep and lose they fun sense
Plus i never knew that us guys change the topic too much, good to know tbh

Yh same, I think everyone flirts with people but don't realise it... dw about it

Same i really want a guy with cute eyes + dimples is a bonus.
Haha by flirting do they mean talking or like giggling in a blondie/weirdo type way, i get along with guy alright its just the girls that make it into something its not! Guys seriously dodge the serious bullet. serious is not a word in their vocabulary tbh :biggrin:
Serious question how do I make a guy NOT like me as more than a friend?

I’m pretty sure he tries to flirt with me daily and it makes me UNCOMFORTABLE. He is a lovely guy, don’t get me wrong, but any feelings I have towards him are STRICTLY and ONLY platonic. I try to avoid him around college and when in class (he sits next to me) I arrive late and leave as early as possible to minimise the time we can talk for. I don’t want to come across harsh but it just makes me uncomfortable when he does things like laugh at things I say when they’re not even funny. I just want to know how I can “put him off me” or make him uninterested?
Original post by Supernova36
Fish and chips or sausage and mash ?

Fish & chips. Sausage and mash is nice, especially on a cold day with a bit of gravy, but fish and chips slathered in burger sauce is a real treat :h:
Original post by imundercover
Serious question how do I make a guy NOT like me as more than a friend?

I’m pretty sure he tries to flirt with me daily and it makes me UNCOMFORTABLE. He is a lovely guy, don’t get me wrong, but any feelings I have towards him are STRICTLY and ONLY platonic. I try to avoid him around college and when in class (he sits next to me) I arrive late and leave as early as possible to minimise the time we can talk for. I don’t want to come across harsh but it just makes me uncomfortable when he does things like laugh at things I say when they’re not even funny. I just want to know how I can “put him off me” or make him uninterested?

Just flat-out, be honest with him. He seems really into you, so something like burping or smelling infront of him wont do it. Just rip the bandaid off completely.Honestly, its the best thing to do; for his sake. It'll save the poor guy alot of hassle. I know its going to be hard, for both of you, but I guess its the best solution. You could try 'brother-zoning' him or 'friend-zoning' him by telling him how you find another guy in class attractive. But again that might just be make him more determined. Best thing to do is just be honest with him; say it a nice way? Something like ''Im not looking to be in a relationship now, I dont want you thinking im leading you on or something''. Something along those lines? Sorry if I couldnt be much help!
Why do all brown guys like white girls
why do you flirt with every girl smhh
and how do you show you like a girl??
How many boners do you get in a day?

1 million

Quick Reply

Latest