Are boys a distraction?

Watch
queenmeelzx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I obviously want to study really hard and get into oxford and get a 1st class PhD in Law but my parents seem to think that getting a boy is distracting?

I personally think that if he is working hard himself and remains in his own lanes, he's alright to be in a relationship with?

Idk opinions?

xx
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
You said you were 13 on another question, so you seriously shouldn't be thinking about relationships at this age. Enjoy your youth ;3
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by queenmeelzx)
So I obviously want to study really hard and get into oxford and get a 1st class PhD in Law but my parents seem to think that getting a boy is distracting?

I personally think that if he is working hard himself and remains in his own lanes, he's alright to be in a relationship with?

Idk opinions?

xx
I would think definitely a relationship is a kind of distraction and puts u off a bit. you will.find urself less reading and less concentrated than before but if you r feeling lonely or alone then maybe a relationship can help but also a good friend can do the trick and I would go with a friend because in case you get in a relationship then you create feelings and might want to be with your partner all the time which will distract you.
my final words are that knowledge is the best friend a person can ever have....
however it comes with some sacrifices like friends..
Rough shag 69
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
"getting a boy"
how much you getting him for?
queenmeelzx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rough shag 69)
"getting a boy"
how much you getting him for?
Ugh i'm speaking like the people at my school, I hate that, sorry.
queenmeelzx
Rep:
?
But for your education, though?
Rough shag 69
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ugh i'm speaking like the people at my school, I hate that, sorry.
dw I was joking 😂
queenmeelzx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rough shag 69)
dw I was joking 😂
Oh lol 😂
Katelinm
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Feeling very much the same as this right now, I am keeping my boyfriend secret from my parents because they rave on about boys being a distraction and bad for girls. I see him at college only so nothing crazy can happen between us there, and I see it that as long as I know I'm working as hard as I can, a little break with my guy shouldn't harm.
It's possible but you just have to be careful that your work ethic and his remain a priority, but your happiness should always be number 1! X
Boss_Rhythm
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ahem...

I beg to differ, I think that girls are more distractative than boys
InfiniteWill
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well, if he studies well, then I don't think it is a distraction. Especially, if he studies your subject. Both of you could help each other out, study together etc. Its not a distraction even if he studies different subjects, but it just means you can study together but not talk much. Ngl, I would love to have a girlfriend like that with me, studying.
AnothaOne
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Attached files
Grizzelex
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Indeed i.e if you're planning on getting into Oxford.
queenmeelzx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
Ahem...

I beg to differ, I think that girls are more distractative than boys
Thats because the boy is ALWAYS checking up on the girl, in my experience anyway
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thats because the boy is ALWAYS checking up on the girl, in my experience anyway
No way, girls always need more attention.
They either get the attention they need or the relationship ain't gonna go anywhere
Baza2002
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It could be a distraction, but so could everything other than your studying - friends, family, TV, books, music. But, as long as you keep working hard and don't become, well... obsessed? with the boyfriend then it won't be bad for your studies - it could even be good. x
InfiniteWill
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks man
cat_mac
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A relationship is a distraction from studying, that doesn’t mean it’s wrong to have one. Eating is a distraction from studying, sleeping is a distraction, going out with your friends is a distraction. As long as you can manage your time, then it’s totally possible to have both a relationship and success. Just know your priorities.
queenmeelzx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
No way, girls always need more attention.
They either get the attention they need or the relationship ain't gonna go anywhere
Nah, only the petty girls are like that.
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nah, only the petty girls are like that.
Damn, guess I only pull the petty ones smh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (12)
57.14%
No (8)
38.1%
I don't know (1)
4.76%

Watched Threads