family information

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i am a married and separated parent and on section 10 of the pn1 student finance application form it states that i have to get a solicitors letter to prove i am separated from my husband. is there any other alternative proof i can submit in place of this
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i am a married and separated parent and on section 10 of the pn1 student finance application form it states that i have to get a solicitors letter to prove i am separated from my husband. is there any other alternative proof i can submit in place of this
Occasionally student finance will accept a council tax bill showing that you have single person discount and your husband's name isn't on it
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Do you have a single persons council tax discount?
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

Hi Anonymous,

If you indicate that you are separated on the application we will ask you to provide evidence of that.

If you are not legally separated and do not have a Decree Nisi or speak to a solicitor then you can send us a clear copy of your most recently dated Council tax bill showing 25% single person occupancy discount.

You should have recently received a new award notification for 2018-2019.

You can be confident that will be accepted as evidence of your marital status if it shows that discount.

Thanks Rona
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (115)
38.08%
The paper was reasonable (144)
47.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (29)
9.6%
It was TERRIBLE (14)
4.64%

Watched Threads