The Student Room Group

Realistically could you stay single for the rest of your life?

After being in a longterm relationship I honestly think I could live without female interaction. Id just be chilling on my own in my own house doing what I want with no one pestering me. Im not that fussed about “snusnu” so wouldnt bother me tbh.. there are probs people out there that are like 30 who have never had a gf and really wanting one Id tell them not to bother, its ok for the first 6 months but when she gets comfortable and starts thinking its ok to fart in front of you, its all downhill from there.

Scroll to see replies

go to bed it's 23 pm bro
Ig yh if you dont want kids; its your choice at the end of the day
Original post by DeLegend27
go to bed it's 23 pm bro
23 pm is not a time bro
Nope.
Reply 5
Could I? Yes.
Do I want to? No.
If you didn't make an effort to meet people romantically then sure, I'm sure it's possible. However, think about how you may feel in old age... No kids means no one is going to be visiting you once your friends have died, it'll probably get very lonely very quickly at that point.
I absolutely could not.
I’d rather not, but I’ll survive. I feel sorry for people who always need to be in relationships, those are the ones who are really struggling. We are born alone and are going to die alone, if you don’t know what to do with yourself when you’re alone, then you’ve got a problem.
i read some articles about some folks who spent most life single and damn depressing af
Probably could in time. Currently getting over an ex who has messed me up but it feels better in a relationship than out.
I have been informed of this fact, though of course I’ll probably disagree.
As long as the concept of friends with benefits exist, then absolutely. I don't need romance in my life, just fun times, cuddles and sex :h:
Very easily so far. I haven't needed any of that to enjoy life.
Reply 14
Easily.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
As long as the concept of friends with benefits exist, then absolutely. I don't need romance in my life, just fun times, cuddles and sex :h:

I dig this
that's going to be one genetically blessed kid :tongue:

Also, to answer the question, most likely not, I need love in my life and I'd like a little boy one day, they have such character if they're raised to think for themselves :biggrin:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Got Milk
After being in a longterm relationship I honestly think I could live without female interaction. Id just be chilling on my own in my own house doing what I want with no one pestering me. Im not that fussed about “snusnu” so wouldnt bother me tbh.. there are probs people out there that are like 30 who have never had a gf and really wanting one Id tell them not to bother, its ok for the first 6 months but when she gets comfortable and starts thinking its ok to fart in front of you, its all downhill from there.

Too risky, I want to be married one day lol but it is possible
You say that now but you're probably still young

You've still got your 30s to go, your 40s then your 50s then your 60s then your 70s. As you get older you'll start to lose more and more people. Either they'll die, move out or move away.

Can you really honestly and truly see yourself being completely alone at an old age? No one to look out for you, check up on you, remember you?
Because there's a reason why most dating sites are completely dominated by people over 45. It's like once they start hitting middle age it begins to hit them what being alone really is. They get desperate at that age, that's kinda the reason why you always hear those stories about older men and women being conned out of all their money by the catfishes they 'fell in love with'. Signed over their life savings in a desperate attempt to bring him or her over to them.

You're not the first person who thinks this and certainly not the last. Like I always say, if I have a pound for every guy and girl who swore they'd never marry only to marry at some point in their life, and for every guy and girl who claimed they'd never have kids only to end up having a family - I'd be pretty ****ing rich right now.

People change their minds all the time. Decisions are never set in stone and nothing is forever. If you can't find anyone right now it doesn't mean you are destined to be alone forever. How ridiculous, the world is full of people. You just haven't met your soulmate yet.
I like women so nah. Majority of my friends are female and super emotionally supportive lol.

And I need an heir.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest