Rewriting Lectures out to revise (PHARMACY)

Watch this thread
aladdin818
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi! Atm, Im v stressed. I have my final year exams coming up (2nd year pharmacy), for January exams I revised by rewriting my lecture material and highlighting and recapping them. I would do one lecture a day and build up and recap all previous ones I did before I add the new one. It worked for me and I got good results. HOWEVER that was only 3 exams (altogether about 20 lectures).

I now have 6 exams and ONE exam alone has 54 lectures. Writing out one lecture takes me about 2 hours. I counted the amount of lectures I have which is around 130. My worry is that my revision method is too longed out and basically a bit pointless because Im just writing out my lecture slide notes and annotations. Do other people do this or do you revise straight from lecture slides.

Im really stressed because I don't want to change the way I revise because I know this works for me but at the same time, I don't want to do something that may take me 5 x longer than needs be. I haven't ever tried revising from just lecture slides but Im afraid that it won't stick because I haven't wrote it out and can't highlight it and recap it continuously.

I am very OCD about notes etc. Please some help me on this :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (27)
69.23%
No (8)
20.51%
I didn't use it to prepare (4)
10.26%

Watched Threads