Home Office AO & EO Caseworker Roles in Liverpool - Security Check

Watch
NorthwesternMan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I received a provisional offer for the AO Caseworker role (HOM/610/17 AO) with the Home Office in Liverpool L3. I know that there are required security checks and that the checks can take a while. For example there is the counter terrorist check (CTC) and the more stringent Security Check (SC). For those of you who have received provisional offers for the Home Office AO and EO roles in 2017 and 2018, please advise - have you been required to undergo the CTC level of check or the SC level of check?
1213Gem
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by NorthwesternMan)
I received a provisional offer for the AO Caseworker role (HOM/610/17 AO) with the Home Office in Liverpool L3. I know that there are required security checks and that the checks can take a while. For example there is the counter terrorist check (CTC) and the more stringent Security Check (SC). For those of you who have received provisional offers for the Home Office AO and EO roles in 2017 and 2018, please advise - have you been required to undergo the CTC level of check or the SC level of check?
Just the CTC (no financial info needed)
silver67surfer
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There is a question regarding financial difficulties you may have on the ctc form just be honest not mentioning it won't do you any favours as your honesty and integrity is then in question
NorthwesternMan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you. Did you have to undergo a credit check?
silver67surfer
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by NorthwesternMan)
Thank you. Did you have to undergo a credit check?
I would be surprised if they didn't do one as you are agreeing for them carrying out whatever checks are necessary.
If its just a poor credit score you have then I wouldn't think that would be a problem but just be honest about anything else its the fact that if you try to hide something that is relevant that will result in a negative impact on you.
If you are worried about something then ask the question to the recruitment team who will give you better advice than me or anyone else on this forum but only you can decide what you should do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.17%
I'm not sure (59)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (375)
29.37%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.9%
I'm not a current university student (625)
48.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed