The Student Room Group

cant focus cant study worrying I could be going to prison seriously.

this is not a troll thread I have realized there is a legitimate chance I could end up in jail possibly serving 5-6 years. and realizing that i could face such a sentence for literally nothing other then been lost in thought I am seriously questioning whether I should remain in this country.

I realize the likely outcome is I wont even be prosecuted or face charges but this has been a green light its only a matter of time.

we may be aware that recently someone is facing a custodial sentence for making a joke on youtube in todays politically correct britain if you are in the wrong group stepping out of line carries serious consequences.

so what exactly happened? I had a bad day I had received some quite hostile reactions from a few people on my course nothing specific just **** off signals you know.

I was feeling upset on the bus and i just zoned out wasnt thinking. and some girl accused me of starring i wasn't starring at her i was just blanking out its possible i was starring into a space around her but i was standing anyway and where was i supposed to look. rather then straight ahead of me. i wasnt thinking of where i was looking because i had zoned out anyway. i said i wasnt starring because i wasnt.

and suddenly i realized something after going home at midnight every night for the past several nights to avoid bumping into her again. i realized that if she wanted to make more of this complain to the authorities under our pc culture i could be accused of sexual haressment and a because people want to be politically correct and I am socially weak I think a 5 to six year prison sentence would be realistic.

I have to get out of this country I cant live like this anymore.
Original post by Anonymous
this is not a troll thread

and that's how we know it's legit, ladies and gents
What country are you talking about? UK? You don't get locked up for staring at people, christ we barely give 5 years to killers :biggrin:...worrying over nothing (not total convinced this isn't troll thread :biggrin: )
Reply 3
Original post by StriderHort
What country are you talking about? UK? You don't get locked up for staring at people, christ we barely give 5 years to killers :biggrin:...worrying over nothing (not total convinced this isn't troll thread :biggrin: )

I do live in the UK yes. and this is not a troll thread some people might get away with murder if they are socially stronger but I am socially weak and political correctness is a thing which distorts peoples integrity.

A man is currently facing a custodial sentence because he made a bad joke on youtube. people want to be politically correct etc.
I really have waited till near midnight the previous few nights but today was too tired and went home around mid day because finish early on Wednesdays and she was on the bus again and this is what got me to thinking etc.
most likely she wont go further but if she did a custodial sentence is possible it has happened before.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15622122.Man_jailed_for_creepily_staring_at_Glasgow_pharmacy_assistant_through_window/
Reply 4
Starring is not sexual harassment. It's bad manners at the very worst.
I do live in the UK yes. and this is not a troll thread some people might get away with murder if they are socially stronger but I am socially weak and political correctness is a thing which distorts peoples integrity.

A man is currently facing a custodial sentence because he made a bad joke on youtube. people want to be politically correct etc.
I really have waited till near midnight the previous few nights but today was too tired and went home around mid day because finish early on Wednesdays and she was on the bus again and this is what got me to thinking etc.
most likely she wont go further but if she did a custodial sentence is possible it has happened before.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15622122.Man_jailed_for_creepily_staring_at_Glasgow_pharmacy_assistant_through_window/

lol it's painfully obvious you're just wanting to make some sort of point about that nazi salute dog guy. he got punished for breaking the law, it's not complex, don't be a stupid c*nt like him and you'll be cushty.
Reply 6
Original post by plklupu
lol it's painfully obvious you're just wanting to make some sort of point about that nazi salute dog guy. he got punished for breaking the law, it's not complex, don't be a stupid c*nt like him and you'll be cushty.

im not looking to make a point about that specifically i am merely highlighting it as an example and I have already posted another source of a guy actually getting a custodial sentence for starring. he probably got a better lawyer then i would and is not as socially weak as I am. so I would probably get longer then his 70 days.
this is not a troll thread I have realized there is a legitimate chance I could end up in jail possibly serving 5-6 years. and realizing that i could face such a sentence for literally nothing other then been lost in thought I am seriously questioning whether I should remain in this country.

I realize the likely outcome is I wont even be prosecuted or face charges but this has been a green light its only a matter of time.

we may be aware that recently someone is facing a custodial sentence for making a joke on youtube in todays politically correct britain if you are in the wrong group stepping out of line carries serious consequences.

so what exactly happened? I had a bad day I had received some quite hostile reactions from a few people on my course nothing specific just **** off signals you know.

I was feeling upset on the bus and i just zoned out wasnt thinking. and some girl accused me of starring i wasn't starring at her i was just blanking out its possible i was starring into a space around her but i was standing anyway and where was i supposed to look. rather then straight ahead of me. i wasnt thinking of where i was looking because i had zoned out anyway. i said i wasnt starring because i wasnt.

and suddenly i realized something after going home at midnight every night for the past several nights to avoid bumping into her again. i realized that if she wanted to make more of this complain to the authorities under our pc culture i could be accused of sexual haressment and a because people want to be politically correct and I am socially weak I think a 5 to six year prison sentence would be realistic.

I have to get out of this country I cant live like this anymore.

Your bigger concern, assuming this is remotely serious (big assumption I know), is your irrational fears and anxiety. If this is a serious thread you should seek help as those aren't healthy signs.

Back on point, the person in the article repeatedly stared at the person on several occasions with the clear intent of harassing the person. The intention was proven in a court of law. The law requires both intention and consequence to find a criminal act. You clearly did not have any intention and there is no way in a court of law to prove otherwise. It wouldn't even get as far as the courts as the police couldn't prove any intention behind your staring. Simply feeling annoyed or upset at something where there is no criminal intention is not enough in itself to warrant any kind of criminal investigation.

Go see your GP if you continue to feel this way. And even if this is a troll job, still see your GP, this isn't the sort of past time a healthy mind engages in.
Reply 8
barely slept had nightmares, where i was tried and sentenced I got three months originally but kept getting time added to my sentence. I ended up in prison for 7 years. I had to complete my degree through the open university which I was not allowed to do in the first two years. Open university also restricted my study so it took 5 years to complete a degree. When I got out I tried to do a masters but no university would take me and I ended up desperate for anywhere. I had to have an interview with London Met and they were really harsh it was horrible.

I realize its unlikely but if they did decide to make a thing of it legally this could actually happen.

I have decided to skip my first lecture today to make sure I don't bump into them on the bus I will be taking food in so I can work until near midnight at the uni library and head back late tonight. this should reduce the chance of another bus encounter.
I hope you go to prison for life.
Ah well you've got it all planned out then, sorted :smile:
well I tried to avoid them but ended up bumping into them on the bus again. nothing happened but there was uncomfortable glances. I should of had a go at her for starring at me but I decided not to. I now go into uni at random points mid day wearing sunglasses to avoid possible contact and then stay throughout the night to avoid bumping into her.

It is saturday and I have gone into the library but intend not to leave until sunday morning.
Maybe go see a doctor about the paranoid delusional thoughts you’re having. A rational person knows that you can’t go to prison for looking at someone, nor would they go to the extent of wearing sunglasses to hide their eyes incase it happens.

If it’s effecting your life to the extent you say it is, head to A&E. For your sake I hope you’re trolling.
“He looked at me on a bus” yes, that wouldn’t even go to court.
oh crap I am in the library and its 10.30 and I just noticed that ***** is at another desk within 20 feet of me I am hoping they don't notice me but if its this late they are probably pulling an all nighter as well.
barely slept had nightmares, where i was tried and sentenced I got three months originally but kept getting time added to my sentence. I ended up in prison for 7 years. I had to complete my degree through the open university which I was not allowed to do in the first two years. Open university also restricted my study so it took 5 years to complete a degree. When I got out I tried to do a masters but no university would take me and I ended up desperate for anywhere. I had to have an interview with London Met and they were really harsh it was horrible.

I realize its unlikely but if they did decide to make a thing of it legally this could actually happen.

I have decided to skip my first lecture today to make sure I don't bump into them on the bus I will be taking food in so I can work until near midnight at the uni library and head back late tonight. this should reduce the chance of another bus encounter.

It's understandable you would feel this way.

You should mail her your ear with a letter apologizing for starring, begging for her forgiveness. I think that will sort everything out.
oh crap I am in the library and its 10.30 and I just noticed that ***** is at another desk within 20 feet of me I am hoping they don't notice me but if its this late they are probably pulling an all nighter as well.

Seriously go to a doctor. Concocting this sort of stuff is a sign you need help.

Quick Reply

Latest