Financing studies as an international!!! Watch

Specstrom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys...

I got my offer from BSMS, but it's looking like the financing portion of this whole this might mess me over .

I wanted to make the thread so we could discuss how everyone is funding their studies as internationals going to the UK.

So far, a line of credit as a med student, home government loans, and tiny scholarships is what I'm looking at. Pretty measly when looking at the price tags ((((( (I'm living in Ontario, Canada btw)

DISCUSS!!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Specstrom)
Hey guys...

I got my offer from BSMS, but it's looking like the financing portion of this whole this might mess me over .

I wanted to make the thread so we could discuss how everyone is funding their studies as internationals going to the UK.

So far, a line of credit as a med student, home government loans, and tiny scholarships is what I'm looking at. Pretty measly when looking at the price tags ((((( (I'm living in Ontario, Canada btw)

DISCUSS!!
Out of interest how would Canadian students finance a medicine degree in Canada?

Btw bank of mom and dad
Get a job.
Marry a foreign national and gain their citizenship.
Future finance do loans but I wouldn't touch them.
Specstrom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Out of interest how would Canadian students finance a medicine degree in Canada?

Btw bank of mom and dad
Get a job.
Marry a foreign national and gain their citizenship.
Future finance do loans but I wouldn't touch them.
Over here the government helps out a lot, especially if you're going into what they call a "professional" field, which includes medicine and dentistry. Banks also give lines of credit for quite large sums of money for the same reason.

I have a dual citizenship, do you know anything about bank loans for students? I've looked around but I haven't found anything and I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right places...
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Specstrom)
Over here the government helps out a lot, especially if you're going into what they call a "professional" field, which includes medicine and dentistry. Banks also give lines of credit for quite large sums of money for the same reason.

I have a dual citizenship, do you know anything about bank loans for students? I've looked around but I haven't found anything and I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right places...
You are a UK citizen?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (360)
45.45%
No (84)
10.61%
I'm not old enough (348)
43.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise