The Student Room Group

What is he playing at???

In brief, I live with a guy, he comes home drunk a lot, he has a girlfriend he hardly ever sees and has cheated on her numerous times! I don’t actually consider it a relationship but he disagrees. Anyway, so on these nights when he comes home drunk, he gets into my bed and tells me he loves me and how hot I am... 🙄 sometimes we fool around a little but we’ve never slept together.
So recently we had a big fight over him waking me up when he’s come home drunk as a skunk yet again, this time he knew I was fuming and came home the next evening and apologised saying he cares about me a lot and doesn’t want me to move out, asked me to go for drinks with him at the pub. So off we went, met a friend of his and had an amazing night! Came home fell asleep in my bed woke up the next morning fooled around again and then lay on the couch hungover until the afternoon. Since then he’s been very distant! Almost avoiding me. Tonight he brings a girl home, obviously had sex with her and then texted me from his room to say how considerate he was doing her before my bedtime so he doesn’t keep me up!!!
Can someone please tell me what the heck is going on???
****boy
Original post by He’s a knob
In brief, I live with a guy, he comes home drunk a lot, he has a girlfriend he hardly ever sees and has cheated on her numerous times! I don’t actually consider it a relationship but he disagrees. Anyway, so on these nights when he comes home drunk, he gets into my bed and tells me he loves me and how hot I am... 🙄 sometimes we fool around a little but we’ve never slept together.
So recently we had a big fight over him waking me up when he’s come home drunk as a skunk yet again, this time he knew I was fuming and came home the next evening and apologised saying he cares about me a lot and doesn’t want me to move out, asked me to go for drinks with him at the pub. So off we went, met a friend of his and had an amazing night! Came home fell asleep in my bed woke up the next morning fooled around again and then lay on the couch hungover until the afternoon. Since then he’s been very distant! Almost avoiding me. Tonight he brings a girl home, obviously had sex with her and then texted me from his room to say how considerate he was doing her before my bedtime so he doesn’t keep me up!!!
Can someone please tell me what the heck is going on???

Are you M or F?

Tbf you are responsible for a decent amount of it. If you dont like it then get out. Dont believe anything he says and maybe stop letting him get in to bed with you and mess around.
Reply 3
This guy sounds like he has some mental problems.
Reply 4
It's not normal behaviour though, is it? I can't be the only one thinking this.
Original post by 999tigger
Are you M or F?

Tbf you are responsible for a decent amount of it. If you dont like it then get out. Dont believe anything he says and maybe stop letting him get in to bed with you and mess around.

I’m F, he gets in when I’m not in it, I always make him get up and sends him to his own bed
Original post by gjd800
This guy sounds like he has some mental problems.

Thank you! I didn’t think it to be normal behaviour either! So disrespectful, I feel
People call it being a ****boy, I just call it being a boy. I'm guessing he's young, like 18 to twenty something... yeah many of them are like that at that age. They don't know what they want, they just want fun, to fool around wherever they can get it. They'll have girlfriends, flings, one night stands, literally stand them close to any woman and they'll try it on with her. Heck they'll have sex with a hole in the ground... and yet ironically men have the nerve to hate women for being like this when they've literally spent their teenage and young adult years doing it.

Don't bother trying to figure out what he's doing and just avoid him. His brain is still maturing - slowly. He's a child. Childish men are the worst. Stay well away.
What exactly are you confused about?
skanky. you that is. I actually prefer him at least he's not whining and wingeing. you're fooling around with someone else's bf and complaining he isn't treating you well...let me guess, this happens a lot with you doesnt it? always going after the wrong type of man who treats you like sh*t and you can't understand why.
[QUOTE="ChickenMadness;76723104"]What exactly are you confused about?[/QUOT
Original post by ChickenMadness
What exactly are you confused about?

What does he want from me? Am I suppose to be jealous? Is he trying to get me to take my things and leave?
Why is he this erratic?

What does he wat from me? Am I suppose to be jealous? Is he trying to get me to take my things and leave?
Why is he this erratic?

He just wants to have sex and fun. Doesn't care about anything else. That's literally his only motive and explains all of his behaviour lol.
He is playing at getting easy sex. Maybe you're not going all the way with him but you're 'fooling around'. You now youre not his GF as he already has one of those so as far as he's concerned he's just having some fun with you... so why not someone else too? If you don't like it, stop doing it.
I have no desire to be his girlfriend or anything like that. I have a bit of fun but it’s always on my terms and we have an understanding about our situation. I just found it incredibly rude and disrespectful but clearly we now live in a world where somehow I’m to blame for thinking anything of it and by it I’m referring to the fact that he text me afterwards.
Oh and for however called me a skank, what a horrible thing to say to someone you know nothing about? We’ve lived together for 6 months and he’s never even brought her around, I sometimes question whether she even exists!
By default I believe all people care about others and how their actions impact others, that everyone is considerate and respectful. Again I suppose that’s on me...
Reply 14
[What does he want from me? Am I suppose to be jealous? Is he trying to get me to take my things and leave?
Why is he this erratic?

He doesn't want anything from you, just wants to muck about and muck you (and every other girl) about.
Strong username to post content ratio
You're calling him disrespectful when you're knowingly fooling around with someone who already has a girlfriend? A bit hypocritical, don't you think

He's playing both of you and doesn't care about anyone's feelings apart from his own, start rejecting his advances and stay away from him when he's drunk
Listen , it’s probably flattering that he finds you attractive ect. but he clearly doesn’t have your best interests at heart. It’s a self centred approach to feed his own ego , you’re sadly the collateral damage.

Try your best to just decline his advances , lock your door so he doesn’t go in your door. Do not entertain him at all , the more you do it the easier it’ll be.

Good luck and be strong !

Quick Reply

Latest