Turn on thread page Beta

Shoplifting watch

Announcements

Hi I know this is embarrassing but I nearly shoplifted at superdrug but the employee caught me so I put the item back and purchased the rest, she didn’t stop me when walking out the exit... is anything going to happen

ReputationRep:
    If she took your name and contact info then maybe but if not theres nothing she can really do
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nancyxttley)
    If she took your name and contact info then maybe but if not theres nothing she can really do
    So there’s no way she know who I am? And no action will be taken?

(Original post by Megxxxx)
    Correct, just shoplift elsewhere in future. Better safe than sorry.

ReputationRep:
    CCTV is a b1tch

Seriously why shoplift...?

No money? Get a job!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5263072

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megxxxx)
    Unless they check cctv and went overboard with investing but they wouldn’t do that over a minor shoplifting.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    Correct, just shoplift elsewhere in future. Better safe than sorry.
    Or you know better safe than sorry as in don't shoplift in the first place. I know jobs can be hard to come by but if you need monny talk to someone about it and don't shoplift it is stealing and illegal and morally not good for your conscience. Karma will make sure you get stuff stolen off you if you steal.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think it counts as an actual crime until/unless you leave the premises with the goods, if they've still let you buy other stuff and pay I don't think they're fussed. I obv wouldn't go back though out of sheer shame.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.