science degrees i can do with these subjects Watch

milikahyounas
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Psychology, Biology and English lit and lang.
what science degrees for 3-4 years can i do with these subjects, they can include foundation years.
i was looking into biomed sci and optometry and pharmacology
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Without foundation year, there are probably very few pharmacology or biomedical science courses you could apply to, as most require Biology and Chemistry. I'm not as sure about Optometry. More general bioscience courses in Biology, Ecology, Conservation etc would probably be possible. Courses like Human Sciences/Biological Anthropology and similar would also be very possible, although they often don't require specific subjects your background is very suitable for them. Psychology likewise benefits from the scientific background in Biology, although it doesn't normally require it.

With foundation year, virtually any - as that's largely the point of these foundation years. However for any of the "biomolecular" style courses (such as biomedical sciences, physiology, genetics, biochemistry, pharmacology and so on) you will need to cover the A-level Chemistry content in the foundation year normally. If this is something you are unable to unwilling to do, I would recommend focusing on the courses above. You would need to look at individual universities' foundation years to see what combinations of subjects you'll be taught in the foundation year and from that which degrees you can progress to, if it's not specific to an individual programme (often foundation years are common to a number of courses taught within a given university).
Bethal.Price
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by milikahyounas)
Psychology, Biology and English lit and lang.
what science degrees for 3-4 years can i do with these subjects, they can include foundation years.
i was looking into biomed sci and optometry and pharmacology
I do all but lit! Have offers from uni for Diagnostic Radiography, but it's worth looking at the entry requirements. GCU rejected me because Psychology is not a science and they ask for 2 sciences
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you're serious about pharmacology, you need Chemistry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (33)
25%
No (99)
75%

Watched Threads