The Student Room Group

Working for metropolitan police?

Hi, I have an assessment day next month for police constable at the metropolitan police. However I've heard and read so many negative things for working for the police! I heard that the hours are awful and that the environment is not the best. If any one has worked for or works for the metropolitan police please could you let me know what it's really like? Really not sure if I still want to go for it
Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by nat124
Hi, I have an assessment day next month for police constable at the metropolitan police. However I've heard and read so many negative things for working for the police! I heard that the hours are awful and that the environment is not the best. If any one has worked for or works for the metropolitan police please could you let me know what it's really like? Really not sure if I still want to go for it
Thank you!

Lol of course its not the best job, you can be assaulted, spat etc, if that's not for you don't do. If you want to help people, prevent crime and help business then it's a great job.
Never worked for them but the hours probably will be unsociable because there are always criminals lurking about especially at night. If you are just about to end a shift but get called to a situation then you obviously have to go you can't just say "nah sorry mate my shift is over." But if you want a hands on job where every day is different then you'll probably enjoy it.
Its really up to you. Like you say the hours won't be great (due to thugs existing 24/7) and you do get some horrible people out there. Personally whenever I see an officer at the train station, I always say good morning (or afternoon to them). Probably doesn't make much difference to their day however.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending