Do you prefer fiction or nonfiction books?

Watch
Michiyo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Books have many genres and some are more factual or imaginative than others.... But which type of book do you prefer? :gasp: Nonfiction books or fiction books? :grin: Do you have a preference or like both? Why?
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Fiction. :yes: Fantasy and sci-fi predominantly. Though I often prefer non-fiction when it comes to TV programs, oddly enough. :hmmmm2:

...not that I've read much or watched much for the past decade that wasn't manga or anime. :ahee:
dartagnankillian
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Purely used to be fiction as I find it way more interesting, however, I have recently come across some non-fiction which could actually be mistaken as fiction but fiction does help me to escape this reality more so, so it will always hold a special place in my heart.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Non fiction, specifically philosophy. It keeps me going (really).
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I prefer biographies at the moment.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've been transitioning from fiction to non-fiction not gonna lie. Not that I read much now anyway.:lol:
username3556062
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Fiction. Fantasy and Sci-fi and especially adventure. I like YA books cause I like romance and actual romance books are boring cause of the lack of adventure. Problem I'm having tho is that there are far too many female leads in YA. It feels like reading about the same Mary Sue with a different "badass" personality.

But in Non-fiction I prefer science books like tech and space.
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Fiction ❤️
carryben
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Non-fiction isn't bad though. I like it to read.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Michiyo)
Books have many genres and some are more factual or imaginative than others.... But which type of book do you prefer? :gasp: Nonfiction books or fiction books? :grin: Do you have a preference or like both? Why?
Fiction. Like to educate myself by reading interesting factual books. That is the part of learning that makes fun.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Non fiction in general, although I havent read a fiction book in ages so who knows
Erebus_C
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I prefer fiction. I find that a lot of non fiction are other uninteresting to me (biographies about football players, pop stars, history books etc) or books that are really informative but a bit of a slog to read (eg, educational books).
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
I prefer biographies at the moment.
So non-fiction. Thought about to read one or two, namely about Mandela or Ghandi. Which ones are reading you right now?
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Non-fiction. Fiction's mostly a waste of time.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
Non-fiction. Fiction's mostly a waste of time.
Some genres are okay, as in fantasy. Other ones like science-fiction are not my taste for reading.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
So non-fiction. Thought about to read one or two, namely about Mandela or Ghandi. Which ones are reading you right now?
Both of peter kays have been really good. The ones im about to read are victoria wood, shania twain and mcfly (had the books for ages but never got round to reading them).
username2998742
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Personally, fiction. But I do love some non fiction books though
.Iqra.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Poll?

Fiction tbh
WestDragon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Fiction, definitely
username3899534
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hate to be really annoying, but there's actually no difference between the two, it's all in your mind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (587)
34.13%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (710)
41.28%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (344)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.59%

Watched Threads