GCSE MFL SPEAKING Exams Watch

AlwaysBroke.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How is everyone revising for the GCSE MFL language speaking exams. I am doing Spanish and currently struggling; im predicted a 6 in Spanish but I doubt I will do well. I achieved a 5 in the Speaking exams but out of pure luck and my schools boundaries were extremely low ;(

Any tips? My exams are two weeks after Easter holidaysss
bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Listen to Spanish podcasts and tv as much as possible. It should help massively. Apart from that, memorise some useful verb structures and revise your tenses so that hopefully that won’t be an issue in the exam and you can focus on the questions being asked. Good luck!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
rt445e
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Learn set phrases that you can use in case you get stuck.
AlwaysBroke.
Rep:
?
(Original post by rt445e)
Learn set phrases that you can use in case you get stuck.
What do you mean by set phrases?
AlwaysBroke.
Rep:
?
(Original post by bluemuffin)
Listen to Spanish podcasts and tv as much as possible. It should help massively. Apart from that, memorise some useful verb structures and revise your tenses so that hopefully that won’t be an issue in the exam and you can focus on the questions being asked. Good luck!
Thing is they don't speak the "formal" Spanish that GCSE spec teaches us. Whereas GCSE students constantly spam "me gust _____" they may express what the like in a more casual way just like in English.

Well, that's just my speculation really. If you can recommend podcasts/TV i would be very grateful c;
bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mc_miah)
Thing is they don't speak the "formal" Spanish that GCSE spec teaches us. Whereas GCSE students constantly spam "me gust _____" they may express what the like in a more casual way just like in English.

Well, that's just my speculation really. If you can recommend podcasts/TV i would be very grateful c;
I don’t speak Spanish sorry but this is just what helped me with my French and German orals. Maybe listen to Spanish news though, that might be more formal?
MontyZuma
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for the good suggestions up to this point, but I am not sure how much listening to Spanish news etc. at this point so close to the exams will be. My advice, and this will greatly help you with your writing exam as well, is to think about all of the topic areas that you have studied (if you have a textbook you will see where these are) and try writing short paragraphs (maybe 50 words each) on each one of them. If your textbook has or if your teacher has given you sample speaking questions, then try to answer these. Then keep going over all of this material in your head. Wherever you are over the next two weeks, whatever you are doing, try to think in Spanish with your answers to these as much as possible. Try to make stuff up spontaneously in your head as much as you can as this will help you. Just put as much practice time in as possible - time is the most important thing.
username3836522
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How is everyone revising for the GCSE MFL language speaking exams. I am doing Spanish and currently struggling; im predicted a 6 in Spanish but I doubt I will do well. I achieved a 5 in the Speaking exams but out of pure luck and my schools boundaries were extremely low ;(

Any tips? My exams are two weeks after Easter holidaysss
just try to revise vocab and sentences that you usually need and focus on your tenses good luck
AlwaysBroke.
Rep:
?
(Original post by xvsimran)
just try to revise vocab and sentences that you usually need and focus on your tenses good luck
I know ill do that during the holidays. I'll learn key vocab for each topic, however I will try and learn set phrases/paragraphs for ce. I find it hard to sway the subject to things I am comfortable in. For example say we are talking about work, I try to sway the conversation to something else. any tips?
username3836522
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know ill do that during the holidays. I'll learn key vocab for each topic, however I will try and learn set phrases/paragraphs for ce. I find it hard to sway the subject to things I am comfortable in. For example say we are talking about work, I try to sway the conversation to something else. any tips?
in the two weeks we have set aside some time to basically memorise paragraphs and sentences about specific subjects that you struggle with so if you struggle with environment try to memorise sentences and words that you can always use speaking about it like if you get asked a question about environment "rechauffement climatique" can be spoken about almost all the time xx
AlwaysBroke.
Rep:
?
in the two weeks we have set aside some time to basically memorise paragraphs and sentences about specific subjects that you struggle with so if you struggle with environment try to memorise sentences and words that you can always use speaking about it like if you get asked a question about environment "rechauffement climatique" can be spoken about almost all the time xx
Oh thats a good idea! I might do that hopefully sway the speaker to talk about those topics
username3836522
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
just realised you do spanish but same concept lmao
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.69%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.62%
No I am happy with my course choice (523)
59.3%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.4%

Watched Threads