The Student Room Group

This year 8 kid is getting weird...

So, he first noticed me on an icy day when I was walking to school and was continuously falling over, (who wouldn't notice that lol) He saw me and asked if I needed help, I said I was fine and fell on my face like an idiot, I got a bad balance as it is lol, he helped me up and I tried walking myself, I couldn't do it without sliding all over the place so he grabbed my hand and helped me up the hill, that was nice of him.

It's been a while since then, and I see him around school, and he's always smirking at me and I've caught him looking my way, even the other day he was looking through the door of my computing class, I didn't notice at first but I looked over my shoulder to see the time and I saw him and when I saw him he tried to hide and completely failed at it. He was nice at first, but now he's getting a little weird, why?
Original post by Anonymous
So, he first noticed me on an icy day when I was walking to school and was continuously falling over, (who wouldn't notice that lol) He saw me and asked if I needed help, I said I was fine and fell on my face like an idiot, I got a bad balance as it is lol, he helped me up and I tried walking myself, I couldn't do it without sliding all over the place so he grabbed my hand and helped me up the hill, that was nice of him.

It's been a while since then, and I see him around school, and he's always smirking at me and I've caught him looking my way, even the other day he was looking through the door of my computing class, I didn't notice at first but I looked over my shoulder to see the time and I saw him and when I saw him he tried to hide and completely failed at it. He was nice at first, but now he's getting a little weird, why?

Wants to be your friend or fancies you
Reply 2
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
Wants to be your friend or fancies you

I'm all cool with being friends, but- I wouldn't wanna date him since I'm in year 10.

It just gave me the chills when he was outside the door in computing looking my way ygm.
Original post by anonymous
so, he first noticed me on an icy day when i was walking to school and was continuously falling over, (who wouldn't notice that lol) he saw me and asked if i needed help, i said i was fine and fell on my face like an idiot, i got a bad balance as it is lol, he helped me up and i tried walking myself, i couldn't do it without sliding all over the place so he grabbed my hand and helped me up the hill, that was nice of him.

It's been a while since then, and i see him around school, and he's always smirking at me and i've caught him looking my way, even the other day he was looking through the door of my computing class, i didn't notice at first but i looked over my shoulder to see the time and i saw him and when i saw him he tried to hide and completely failed at it. He was nice at first, but now he's getting a little weird, why?

the sign!
Reply 4
Original post by Centurion_Sam
the sign!

What sign?

I'm all cool with being friends, but- I wouldn't wanna date him since I'm in year 10.

It just gave me the chills when he was outside the door in computing looking my way ygm.

Judging by how you describe his actions, don't you think you kind of answered your own question??
He’s just a little kid who probably likes you. Might be a bit creepy but 12 year olds aren’t the greatest in chatting up girls after all lol
Reply 7
Original post by rayestar
Judging by how you describe his actions, don't you think you kind of answered your own question??

Not really know, when it comes to reading people's behaviour, let's be honest I'm terrible at it.
Not really know, when it comes to reading people's behaviour, let's be honest I'm terrible at it.

life would be boring if everyone could read each other's minds
But yeah, logically i can't think of many reasons why he's staring at you.
I don't think I would've fancied a year 10 when i was in year 8 though so....
He might just be smiling from the thought of you tripping over?

Original post by Hazzasufc
He’s just a little kid who probably likes you. Might be a bit creepy but 12 year olds aren’t the greatest in chatting up girls after all lol

lol so true. year 8 is like the most cringing year tbh
Reply 9
life would be boring if everyone could read each other's minds
But yeah, logically i can't think of many reasons why he's staring at you.
I don't think I would've fancied a year 10 when i was in year 8 though so....
He might just be smiling from the thought of you tripping over?

Yeah, lol, who wouldn't laugh at me tripping over I look so goofy😂😂

And looking back at my old Instagram I was such a cringey kid myself in year 8, but year 8 is a fun year tbh, you're not the new kids anymore and you don't have to worry about your GCSEs for a whole year 😂😂

Haha yeah, but the sad thing is he's taller than me, so I can't exactly call him "little" 😂

It’s really strange, in year 7 everyone still had that childlike innocence, fast forward to Year 9 and boom-you’ve just heard about Beth having a threesome. Year 8’s that weird bridge between it.

Or is that just me? My school was pretty weird.
It’s really strange, in year 7 everyone still had that childlike innocence, fast forward to Year 9 and boom-you’ve just heard about Beth having a threesome. Year 8’s that weird bridge between it.

Most people at my school lost their childlike innocence 3 months into year 7, my friends still say I and another friend apparently still have that innocence just cos I don't get certain dirty jokes 😂

ikrrr year 7s are actually quite sweet
dw my skl wasn't the best either, rumours like that always spread at the speed of light lol
I guess ppl in year 9 just feel like they know-it-all
Yeah, lol, who wouldn't laugh at me tripping over I look so goofy😂😂

And looking back at my old Instagram I was such a cringey kid myself in year 8, but year 8 is a fun year tbh, you're not the new kids anymore and you don't have to worry about your GCSEs for a whole year 😂😂

Ill be honest. Year 8 for me was like it never happened. I only remember being in my Form and playing on my tablet once, and then my school brought in a sub who said to the class that "life is a b****" (beech) and other than that then everything else dissapeared from memory.
Original post by Centurion_Sam
Ill be honest. Year 8 for me was like it never happened. I only remember being in my Form and playing on my tablet once, and then my school brought in a sub who said to the class that "life is a b****" (beech) and other than that then everything else dissapeared from memory.

The amount of memories I hold from Year 8 is unreal, honestly it was probably the funniest year of my life XD

Quick Reply

Latest