The Student Room Group

Arranged Marriage?

Does anyone else wish they could just have an arranged marriage? Dating and relationships are so stressful, sometimes I wish I could just skip to the end and have someone by my side and that would be that.
Sometimes yeah haha but no matter how well the people who arrange it know you , I don’t think they could ever get it right for me :dontknow:
Thats my worst nightmare...
Reply 3
No way, choose someone you honestly LOVE, not who your parents "like".
Reply 4
Original post by Supernova36
Sometimes yeah haha but no matter how well the people who arrange it know you , I don’t think they could ever get it right for me :dontknow:

I can’t get it right for myself so someone else is welcome to try! On that married at first sight show they have extensive psychological and physical tests and scientists find a match for you. If it wasn’t on TV i’d probably go for it.
10 matches on tinder in 2 years and 0 dates and im not even ugly just average looking, got an arranged marriage to a family my mom knew though the gurdwara.

She is smoking hot and actually gave me a chance.

went on 3 "dates" and then we both agreed to get married
Original post by Anonymous
I can’t get it right for myself so someone else is welcome to try! On that married at first sight show they have extensive psychological and physical tests and scientists find a match for you. If it wasn’t on TV i’d probably go for it.

It does seem like a good idea on paper, doesn’t it? Although , none of the couples have been successful have they ? I think it’s a bit too extreme that they literally see each other at the alter , if they introduced us before and we could go from there ... maybe baha.
Reply 7
10 matches on tinder in 2 years and 0 dates and im not even ugly just average looking, got an arranged marriage to a family my mom knew though the gurdwara.

That kind of thing sounds perfect to me. I’m not ugly or anything I just hate dating, it’s just an agreement to have sex with someone until one of you finds someone better. Starting a life with someone as a married couple seems to happen after a 2-5 year audition period. I would prefer 2-5 dates and then knowing you would have a partner for life that has the same intentions as you.
u are not asian are you looool
Reply 9

Interesting! :smile: Have you two already married or planning still?
Original post by YouAreAYute
u are not asian are you looool

Nah. Probably get shunned by other whiteys if I did find a way to do it! Can’t imagine anyone being accepting of it.
arranged marriages usually end up unhappy after a while.

If all you want is a marriage, you can probably pay someone to marry you. Don't be so desperate for a relationship.

Developing and nurturing a relationship takes time.
Nah. Probably get shunned by other whiteys if I did find a way to do it! Can’t imagine anyone being accepting of it.

LOOOOOOOL, can none of your family or anyone recommend???
Original post by S-man10
arranged marriages usually end up unhappy after a while.

If all you want is a marriage, you can probably pay someone to marry you. Don't be so desperate for a relationship.

Developing and nurturing a relationship takes time.

So do non arranged marriages these days.

A relationship isn’t what I want, a partnership is. Dating feels so pointless and flighty. If you say on a first date that you want to get married in the near future, you’d be seen as too keen. We’re supposed to hide our intentions so we don’t scare people off and hope that further down the line they’ll want what you do. It just feels like a dishonest game to have someone in reserve for when you need something.

I’d rather have a husband who was my partner in life, that we did things as a couple and one day a family. Boyfriends nowadays are glorified FWB, it doesn’t meant anything.
That kind of thing sounds perfect to me. I’m not ugly or anything I just hate dating, it’s just an agreement to have sex with someone until one of you finds someone better. Starting a life with someone as a married couple seems to happen after a 2-5 year audition period. I would prefer 2-5 dates and then knowing you would have a partner for life that has the same intentions as you.

What really appealed to me was we both went into the relationship with the same mind set. I dont have constant anxiety about if she thinks im good enough or its just a passing thing.

I also know her family and background, so whilst she has dated before, she hasnt done anything wild

Original post by marupe
Interesting! :smile: Have you two already married or planning still?

Thanks.
Already married !
Reply 15
What really appealed to me was we both went into the relationship with the same mind set. I dont have constant anxiety about if she thinks im good enough or its just a passing thing.

I also know her family and background, so whilst she has dated before, she hasnt done anything wild

Thanks.
Already married !

Congrats man :smile:
Original post by CleverSquirrel
Thats my worst nightmare...

u will get arranged marriage with raj patel :smile:
Original post by Angry Bird
u will get arranged marriage with raj patel :smile:

ew no thanks
So do non arranged marriages these days.

A relationship isn’t what I want, a partnership is. Dating feels so pointless and flighty. If you say on a first date that you want to get married in the near future, you’d be seen as too keen. We’re supposed to hide our intentions so we don’t scare people off and hope that further down the line they’ll want what you do. It just feels like a dishonest game to have someone in reserve for when you need something.

I’d rather have a husband who was my partner in life, that we did things as a couple and one day a family. Boyfriends nowadays are glorified FWB, it doesn’t meant anything.

No, not necessarily. Admitting that you are looking to get married is fine. You'll filter those people who aren't looking for the same.

partnerships take time to develop and nurture. It is your responsibility to guide it in the direction you want it to go. Again, if all you want to do is get married then by all means put out an ad and watch the suitors fly in. 2 years later don't complain too much if the relationship starts breaking apart because you were desperate only for a marriage.

Then don't sleep with potential husband. Plenty of religious people wait until marriage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending