which girls do you think are more admirable girls in martial arts or girls in tech?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Just a thought.

Rule: You can't say both one has to be more admirable than the other.
monkeyman0121
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Useless information since you can do both. (You can work in IT and go and do martial arts in your free time.)

Both are very different and you can do both as well.

If you asked something like a girl in IT or a girl as a nurse that is different since you can't really do both as jobs at the same time.
Techgirl fan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Girls in tech. They are admirable as tech has been predominantly a boys playing field.
EndlessSkyexoxo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Martial Arts girls.Why?
If a martial arts girl and a tech girl (who doesn't do martial arts) met and had a battle the martial arts could easily win cos a tech girl may get out her computer and try and beat the martial arts girl but the martial arts girl could give her a roundhouse kick and she wouldn't be able to fight back with her tech skills cos she'd be on the floor unconscious or crying.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by monkeyman0121)
Useless information since you can do both. (You can work in IT and go and do martial arts in your free time.)

Both are very different and you can do both as well.

If you asked something like a girl in IT or a girl as a nurse that is different since you can't really do both as jobs at the same time.
Okay, imagine a tech girl who doesn't do martial arts and a martial arts girl who doesn't do tech.

Who would you say is more inspirational to young girls?
monkeyman0121
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay, imagine a tech girl who doesn't do martial arts and a martial arts girl who doesn't do tech.

Who would you say is more inspirational to young girls?
Depends what the young girls want to do with their lives. Maybe they want to keep fit and learn some defence, then they will pick the martial artist. Say they want to learn about computing and tech then the tech girl.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by monkeyman0121)
Depends what the young girls want to do with their lives. Maybe they want to keep fit and learn some defence, then they will pick the martial artist. Say they want to learn about computing and tech then the tech girl.
In your eyes who is more inspirational?
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by EndlessSkyexoxo)
Martial Arts girls.Why?
If a martial arts girl and a tech girl (who doesn't do martial arts) met and had a battle the martial arts could easily win cos a tech girl may get out her computer and try and beat the martial arts girl but the martial arts girl could give her a roundhouse kick and she wouldn't be able to fight back with her tech skills cos she'd be on the floor unconscious or crying.
Why do i feel you lowkey made 2 more accounts...

monkeyman0121
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In your eyes who is more inspirational?
Both since they are both doing something they want to do. But personally, since I want to get into martial arts, then I would choose the martial artist.

Thought, to be honest, it is not about what the person is doing with their lives it is their personality and feelings that get to me most.
EndlessSkyexoxo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jang Gwangnam)
Why do i feel you lowkey made 2 more accounts...

What are you suggesting?
Anonymous #1
What are you suggesting?
If you're gonna start arguing take it somewhere else plz.
Jang Gwangnam
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You made a account for anon posting. Made that techgirl fan account. Plus are now using your main account to answer the question...

What are you suggesting?
YouAreAYute
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Techgirl fan)
Girls in tech. They are admirable as tech has been predominantly a boys playing field.
did you make an account jus to answer this loooool
EndlessSkyexoxo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You made a account for anon posting. Made that techgirl fan account. Plus are now using your main account to answer the question...

No mate, sounds like you're stalking me I'm not techfangirl and I'm clueless as to who the anon is. Smart or overthinker or stalker?
EndlessSkyexoxo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

And I ain't even smart enough to be into tech lol.
Jang Gwangnam
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No mate, sounds like you're stalking me I'm not techfangirl and I'm clueless as to who the anon is. Smart or overthinker or stalker?
Could be first 2. Stalker on the other hand sounds like a nice compliment, since im a perv - but i have standards too you know.
Anonymous #1
When you try to trigger a discussion, but on the other hand trigger drama and a random guy claims he is a perv on your thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYloWQmgBQ
Jang Gwangnam
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When you try to trigger a discussion, but on the other hand trigger drama and a random guy claims he is a perv on your thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYloWQmgBQ
Atleast random guy is honest
Anonymous #1
Atleast random guy is honest
Are you implying I am not? I'm clueless as to who endlessskyexoxo is, or tech girl, the reason why I created this thread was because of an ongoing debate with a few friends of mine, and I simply wanted to get a wider range of opinions.

I am myself am into tech, CS to be exact, but I have a friend who suggest that women who practice martial arts are more empowering than us tech women, as they go through physical pain, and often get looked down on by male martial artists. However, tech girls face discrimination widely by male techies, and women in top-tech position have experienced a wide amount of hardships to get to where they got to.

Moreover, Martial arts is becoming more women dominated whereas in the tech sector, their still lays an immense gender gap.
Jang Gwangnam
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are you implying I am not? I'm clueless as to who endlessskyexoxo is, or tech girl, the reason why I created this thread was because of an ongoing debate with a few friends of mine, and I simply wanted to get a wider range of opinions.

I am myself am into tech, CS to be exact, but I have a friend who suggest that women who practice martial arts are more empowering than us tech women, as they go through physical pain, and often get looked down on by male martial artists. However, tech girls face discrimination widely by male techies, and women in top-tech position have experienced a wide amount of hardships to get to where they got to.

Moreover, Martial arts is becoming more women dominated whereas in the tech sector, their still lays an immense gender gap.
Skip to 1:51::51:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzQUuStzzmg

On a actual note, i prefer martial arts girl.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.32%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.67%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (28)
4.96%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.64%
Financial worries (35)
6.21%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.03%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.16%

Watched Threads