The Student Room Group

Early Years and Primary Education

Hi,

I'm currently in year 11 and I dont currently attend school but we are working on home education (mental health reasons) and I've already had my college interview and was told I could do a Level 2 EY BTEC course but to my understanding its not possible to get into university after college with this, and I want to go on to become a teacher. I am aiming to get 5 GCSEs (I know I could do ALevels but it is too late for me to ask about them now) and with the 5 GCSEs if I pass on results day hopefully be offered a Level 3 Course, as I was told if I get the right amount of GCSEs I could immediately get onto the L3 Course, my worry is because I've been out of proper education for so long I might not be able to get all 5 but I was told if I got a pass in English or Maths I can do the L2 and resit the one I fail, but I don't want to fall back on that.

If I get the L2 and move onto the L3 in the second year would I be able to get into uni? or would I need the GCSEs?

If I get the L3 would I need to do anything more to get into Uni?

I'm hoping to get a bachelors in English Literature or something else, hopefully teaching.

What steps would I need to take from right now?

Sorry this was so long, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending