The Student Room Group

Computer usage

I am currently doing my English GCSE paper this Summer, for the first time in 50 years. I was not allowed to do it when I was younger and it's something I would like. I have, as well as the whole class, has been told we would be allowed to use a computer/laptop for the actual exam. Without a medical reason for this, would or wouldn't I be allowed???
Moved to GCSEs
Original post by Jerry456
I am currently doing my English GCSE paper this Summer, for the first time in 50 years. I was not allowed to do it when I was younger and it's something I would like. I have, as well as the whole class, has been told we would be allowed to use a computer/laptop for the actual exam. Without a medical reason for this, would or wouldn't I be allowed???

Hi there,

Bit of a strange one here!

Normally the use of computers/laptops in an exam are not permitted unless you have a medical reason or a learning difficulty/disability.

However it may be that the equipment you are using is specially equipped for examination purposes. It's certainly not unheard of for exams to take place on computers.

I'd double check with your tutor just to be on the safe side and go to the exam equipped to do a paper exam just in case!

Hope this helps - Sophie.

Quick Reply

Latest