The Student Room Group

Royal wedding nonsense

Is anyone fed up of the hype surrounding the royal wedding? I mean loads of people get married, just because this lot use taxpayers money to fund a billion dollar wedding does it make them better or more worthy than others? It's funny how there is no money to fund our NHS or the elderly but they can use £50,000 to fund Meghan Markle's engagement dress.

Scroll to see replies

I'm looking more forward to this one than I was the last one. Eager to see Meghans dress.
Moved to Society
oooh someone wasn't invited

:teehee:

tsrroyalinvite2.jpg
The royal family generate much more income for the UK than the amount that is spent on them. iirc they still own tonnes of land that they rent out to Parliament
Original post by VászolySzilvia
The royal family generate much more income for the UK than the amount that is spent on them. iirc they still own tonnes of land that they rent out to Parliament

You have been brainwashed they do nothing but waste taxpayers money (you included). They dont generate any income for the U.K (the local takeaways owners, nurses, teachers and doctors do that and most of their hard earned money goes to fund child tax credits in the form of taxes) and the royal family do not increase tourism in the slightest, what kind of loser visits a country because of some prince or princess?
Original post by Dignifieddeath
You have been brainwashed they do nothing but waste taxpayers money (you included). They dont generate any income for the U.K (the local takeaways owners, nurses, teachers and doctors do that and most of their hard earned money goes to fund child tax credits in the form of taxes) and the royal family do not increase tourism in the slightest, what kind of loser visits a country because of some prince or princess?

you have been brainwashed by the edgy left-wing media trolls. the Royal Family are a wonderful source of stability in this perilous age. the younger ones are showing imagination in developing the brand for the next century.
Original post by the bear
you have been brainwashed by the edgy left-wing media trolls. the Royal Family are a wonderful source of stability in this perilous age. the younger ones are showing imagination in developing the brand for the next century.

Ok what do the royal family do for this country? Where do they get the money to fly via private jet all over the world? Taxpayers. I am incapable of being brainwashed, I see things for what they are.
Original post by the bear
oooh someone wasn't invited

:teehee:

tsrroyalinvite2.jpg

Wasn't this wedding on 29th April, 2012???

Here you go: https://youtu.be/bhyYgnhhKFw

Your feels =/= reals.
Ok what do the royal family do for this country? Where do they get the money to fly via private jet all over the world? Taxpayers. I am incapable of being brainwashed, I see things for what they are.

you are so brainwashed you cannot tell that you are brainwashed.
I don't really care tbh, I just glance over the title and continue with my life.
Dollars? 🤔 this is the USA? 🤔
Original post by cricinfo
Wasn't this wedding on 29th April, 2012???

yes that was for Widdleton...

i meant to post this:

royal_wedding2.jpg

The crown estate generates more money for the government than the government spends on the royal family. The taxpayer therefore is net better off thanks to the royal family.
Typical loveless marriage to a bloody American.
Original post by yungaheartz
I'm looking more forward to this one than I was the last one. Eager to see Meghans dress.

Why do you care what a woman who you'll never meet and would look at you like dirt if she ever saw you wears? If you want to look at nice dresses look on Google Images.

Tax payers footing the bill for a couple to get married (especially as she's a TV star and has more than enough of her own money) is disgusting and a complete waste of public funds.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by limetang
The crown estate generates more money for the government than the government spends on the royal family. The taxpayer therefore is net better off thanks to the royal family.

The Queen Mother's jewellery should have been subject to hefty taxes (millions) but they swindled the system and got away with it.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/royal/935295/Prince-Charles-tax-avoidance-royal-news-royal-family-duchy-of-cornwall-queen-mother-latest/amp

I'd like to see detailed figures of how much money they bring to the country against how much we spend on them, especially with the £370 million refurbishment of Buckingham Palace courtesy of the tax payer.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Glassapple
The Queen Mother's jewellery should have been subject to hefty taxes (millions) but they swindled the system and got away with it.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/royal/935295/Prince-Charles-tax-avoidance-royal-news-royal-family-duchy-of-cornwall-queen-mother-latest/amp

I'd like to see detailed figures of how much money they bring to the country against how much we spend on them.

In terms of Harry, most of his wealth is inheritance from his mother, most of that was earned outside of the Royal family.

Quick Reply