anyone know anything about pregnancy?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I wondering if you could help me and tell me about your experience with pregnancy. Im currently 13 days late and just had a feeling I was pregnant about a week before my period. Along side this I ve noticed many changes such as feeling nauseous, stomach cramps (like period pains), I had a UTI which has now cleared up but Im still frequently needing to pee, I have a constant dull backache towards my lower back, Im constantly tired and dizzy and my nipples are getting darker and have small almost goosebump type things. I also had a terrible nosebleed that lasted 15 minuets and I ve read this could be an early sign? Ive taken two morrisons own pregnancy tests and they ve come back negative but still no period but I still feel everything else and I m really bloated. Any help would be appreciated as I m 17 and panicking slightly
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I wondering if you could help me and tell me about your experience with pregnancy. Im currently 13 days late and just had a feeling I was pregnant about a week before my period. Along side this I ve noticed many changes such as feeling nauseous, stomach cramps (like period pains), I had a UTI which has now cleared up but Im still frequently needing to pee, I have a constant dull backache towards my lower back, Im constantly tired and dizzy and my nipples are getting darker and have small almost goosebump type things. I also had a terrible nosebleed that lasted 15 minuets and I ve read this could be an early sign? Ive taken two morrisons own pregnancy tests and they ve come back negative but still no period but I still feel everything else and I m really bloated. Any help would be appreciated as I m 17 and panicking slightly
When did you last have sex? Did you use contraception, if so, what kind? Have you been to your doctor?
RosaPonselle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
when were the pregnancy tests? 2 weeks late usually means the pregnancy test would be positive and over counter pregnancy tests these days are very sensitive. the test might be negative if you ovulated late this cycle but repeating the test in a week should clear that up. it's very unlikely that the cramps/nausea etc are due to pregnancy. those symptoms are related to HCG (the hormone that is produced in pregnancy and which is tested for by the pregnancy test) production and if that were the case I'd expect your pregnancy test to be positive.

either see your GP for a blood test for HCG or wait a week and repeat the pregnancy test?
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Book an appointment with your GP - if you're doing the tests properly over a week after your period is due and they're saying you're not pregnant, it's extremely likely that you're not, but something's worth looking at.

Some of these could be related to the UTI treatment, for example.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by RosaPonselle)
when were the pregnancy tests? 2 weeks late usually means the pregnancy test would be positive and over counter pregnancy tests these days are very sensitive. the test might be negative if you ovulated late this cycle but repeating the test in a week should clear that up. it's very unlikely that the cramps/nausea etc are due to pregnancy. those symptoms are related to HCG (the hormone that is produced in pregnancy and which is tested for by the pregnancy test) production and if that were the case I'd expect your pregnancy test to be positive.

either see your GP for a blood test for HCG or wait a week and repeat the pregnancy test?
I've had sex pretty much every day foe the past 3 weeks and it's been a mix of condoms or unprotected
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (22)
27.16%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (8)
9.88%
No I am happy with my choice (46)
56.79%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (5)
6.17%

Watched Threads