MP3 players with apps? Watch

Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I currently have an iPod touch. It's a few years old and the battery isn't going to last much longer.

I only use it for Spotify, hence needing an MP3 player with apps.

Can't use my phone because that would just drain the battery.

I have just had a quick look on Google. Am I correct in thinking my choice is really limited or am I not looking hard enough?

I'm fine with getting another iPod. But if there are other cheaper options out there.
abhinair3004
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you're willing to spend upwards of 500 quid , you can go for an Astell & Kern . If you're as broke as the rest of us , just go for an iPod
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Getting a decent external battery (or 2) and then using your phone would be cheaper than getting a new iPod or any other device.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tiger Rag)
I have just had a quick look on Google. Am I correct in thinking my choice is really limited or am I not looking hard enough
Yep, they're pretty much dead now. Your best bet is to just buy a cheap Android handset and throw in a micro SD card :yy:
Curious Orange
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In precisely the same situation. I have an iPod Touch from around 5 years ago, the home button barely works and it hasn't updated itself in about 3 years but I love having a separate device for music (I tend to download albums rather than stream and occasionally watch films with VLC Player). Would be great to remove myself from the Apple ecosystem completely but I think that'd probably be at the cost of losing the ability to use apps. Planning to get this as a replacement when mine finally packs up: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/w.../nw-a40-series

Might be worth doing a factory reset on your iPod, I've done this a few times and it improved the performance. Agree with the battery pack idea as well!
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Curious Orange)
Planning to get this as a replacement when mine finally packs up: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/w.../nw-a40-series
Lack of Android or other form of app support means it's not really suitable for the OP unfortunately!
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It shouldn't be too bad to use your phone, especially if you buy a power pack - if I use my iPhone as an MP3 player that doesn't affect the battery too much as the screen can stay off, and it doesn't need to connect to the internet for this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (45)
17.24%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (19)
7.28%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
6.51%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (28)
10.73%
Monster Munch (20)
7.66%