Why do people hate/not like anime? AMA

Watch this thread
Juvilation
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Opinions/Views, Questions about anime.
Hali.Hassan
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I've only watched death note, Naruto, bleach and another one that I can't exactly remember. But they were actually really good.
Juvilation
Rep:
(Original post by Hali.Hassan)
I've only watched death note, Naruto, bleach and another one that I can't exactly remember. But they were actually really good.
Yh, there realyy good, I just feel that its those type of really mainstream animes that overhsadow the rest.
Hali.Hassan
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Juvilation)
Yh, there realyy good, I just feel that its those type of really mainstream animes that overhsadow the rest.
yeah, that's probably true.
Juvilation
Rep:
(Original post by Hali.Hassan)
yeah, that's probably true.
Also, I think anime has a bad stigma
cat_mac
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The dislike isn’t directed at anime, but the annoying weeboo kids at school that naruto run down the corridors and are generally loud and obnoxious. It’s just made anime really cringe by association.
Juvilation
Rep:
(Original post by cat_mac)
The dislike isn’t directed at anime, but the annoying weeboo kids at school that naruto run down the corridors and are generally loud and obnoxious. It’s just made anime really cringe by association.
or the weird emo kids that do weird ****
Tyrion_Lannister
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The fans suck. I say this as an anime fan.
Juvilation
Rep:
(Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
The fans suck. I say this as an anime fan.
I think all the normal people who like anime keep it to themselves
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
Hadn't realised people did, but catmac proved me wrong.

I like it. The culture, weirdness and some of it is excellent. I like how it gives some youth an identity plus its harmless and social.
Each to their own though.
dartagnankillian
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I do find it a little bit sad when people dismiss anime despite the fact it's like regular television; in the way that there are so many TYPES of anime. It's like saying you hate ALL TV when none of it's the same. All we can do is break the stereotype around anime, I've actually gotten a few people into it.
Juvilation
Rep:
(Original post by 999tigger)
Hadn't realised people did, but catmac proved me wrong.

I like it. The culture, weirdness and some of it is excellent. I like how it gives some youth an identity plus its harmless and social.
Each to their own though.
Yh, I think some people either get put-off by the weirdness or that fact that its a cartoon that its not something appropriate for adults
AnothaOne
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Name:  8D404524-F2A0-43EF-B804-B167BF0FC6BB.jpeg
Views: 202
Size:  66.3 KB
Juvilation
Rep:
(Original post by rainabridget)
I do find it a little bit sad when people dismiss anime despite the fact it's like regular television; in the way that there are so many TYPES of anime. It's like saying you hate ALL TV when none of it's the same. All we can do is break the stereotype around anime, I've actually gotten a few people into it.
Yh, a lot of the time, there is anime which is more interlectual and in-depth than most tv out there but it is often overshadowed.
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I just never have. :dontknow:
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I have no opinion about it either way.

I don't watch it because it wasn't popular, amongst my peers or just generally, when I was a kid. Now I am not a kid, I am hardly going to go out of my way to start watching it.
Tyrion_Lannister
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Honestly if the obnoxious fans just shut up about it no one would have an issue with anime.
Juvilation
Rep:
(Original post by NutsHangingOut)
Name:  8D404524-F2A0-43EF-B804-B167BF0FC6BB.jpeg
Views: 202
Size:  66.3 KB
You clearly havent watched any good anime then, dont jsut watch romance ones, there are other genres such as horror, sci-fi, drama, crimes and comedy, expand your horisions
Juvilation
Rep:
(Original post by Jack22031994)
I just never have. :dontknow:
Why tho?
Juvilation
Rep:
(Original post by Notoriety)
I have no opinion about it either way.

I don't watch it because it wasn't popular, amongst my peers or just generally, when I was a kid. Now I am not a kid, I am hardly going to go out of my way to start watching it.
Who cares in knowone else watches it, if you are interested in it, then have a look
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.5%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.37%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.36%

Watched Threads