The Student Room Group

Hostages taken at French supermarket

Scroll to see replies

Reply 61
//
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by the bear

The Guardian has turned into the Daily Mail for the left.
The only difference being that unlike the Daily Mail they don't know how to run a business to make a healthy profit and have to beg for money every time you visit.
(edited 6 years ago)

The 'Guardian' would. How nasty of it.
Original post by AngeryPenguin
If it weren't for Charlie Hebdo, there wouldn't be such bad ethnic tensions in France.

Perhaps it is just as well we start arresting people for making offensive jokes. I'd rather the freedom to not be killed by a random terrorist than the freedom to laugh at racist jokes.

Great idea, capitulate to the will of repressive morons. Don’t you see that it’s all excuses? If we agree to their demands today there’ll be more terrorism tomorrow demanding something else.
Reply 65
Original post by Jammy Duel
And Islam increases it's lead by yet another one on "motive for terrorist incidents"

You lot keep on saying 'islam' but i have yet to hear of a single Shiite attack. Sunni, yes. Shiite, no.
(edited 6 years ago)
very sad news:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZCVIe9WAAASZ-r.jpg

this courageous officer has made the ultimate sacrifice for his country.
Original post by Napp
You lot keep on saying 'islam' but i have yet to hear of a single Shiite attack. Sunni, yes. Shiite, no.

It’s possibly a good point, I have long suspected it is only sunni’s doing this but I have no proof as they don’t distinguish between the two each time.
Reply 68
Original post by paul514
It’s possibly a good point, I have long suspected it is only sunni’s doing this but I have no proof as they don’t distinguish between the two each time.

I have yet to hear of a single Shia attack on the west in recent memory to be honest. Every single one hails from the Saudi school of salafist Sunni Islam - indeed every single one seems to have some sort of tie straight back to that retched little kingdom
Original post by Napp
I have yet to hear of a single Shia attack on the west in recent memory to be honest. Every single one hails from the Saudi school of salafist Sunni Islam - indeed every single one seems to have some sort of tie straight back to that retched little kingdom

Like I say I have the same ideas as yourself on this but no proof

Original post by Good bloke
The 'Guardian' would. How nasty of it.

They put heroic in quotation marks because they are quoting people who called him heroic, including the Presdient of France.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Trapz99
They put heroic in quotation marks because they are quoting people who called him heroic, including the Presdient of France.

no it is because they think it is smart and edgy.
no it is because they think it is smart and edgy.

Nope- bbc did the same thing. It's called using punctuation correctly.
Original post by Trapz99

let's just say that the French media were not using correct punctuation

:emo:
Original post by Trapz99

It's called prevarication. The man was obviously a hero, and nobody needs to be quoted on it. Presumably, though, his apologists, and others with meally mouths, will be calling the hero's murderer an 'alleged terrorist'.
Original post by Good bloke
It's called prevarication. The man was obviously a hero, and nobody needs to be quoted on it. Presumably, though, his apologists, and others with meally mouths, will be calling the hero's murderer an 'alleged terrorist'.

as usual 'Good bloke' hits the nail on the alleged head. i am in complete agreement with you

Spoiler

apart from how to spell mealy

Two L with that!
Diversity is our strength
the supermarket which was the scene of this appalling crime has re-opened today.

https://twitter.com/search?q="Super+U+de+Trèbes"

Quick Reply

Latest