Which university has the most arrogant students. Watch

King Arthur 284
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Please name the top 10 universities in the U.K. which have the most students with the ‘look at me, I’m so wonderful’ personality. The really stuck up people who love to brag all the time.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 11 months ago
How would anyone be able to be a reliable judge of this?
Just seems lie an opportunity to diss the unis you dislike, whether you have been there or know anyone from there or not.
King Arthur 284
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
How would anyone be able to be a reliable judge of this?
Just seems lie an opportunity to diss the unis you dislike, whether you have been there or know anyone from there or not.
Not ‘dissing’ anybody kid. Just want an opinion is all. Ofcourse Oxbridge would be 2 of the 10. Just wanted to know what people felt the other 8 would be.
Doones
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by King Arthur 284)
Please name the top 10 universities in the U.K. which have the most students with the ‘look at me, I’m so wonderful’ personality. The really stuck up people who love to brag all the time.
In your head it's anywhere that rejected *you* so I'm sure you've got LSE on your list.

In reality, none of them. Universities aren't stereotypes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 11 months ago
Not ‘dissing’ anybody kid. Just want an opinion is all. Ofcourse Oxbridge would be 2 of the 10. Just wanted to know what people felt the other 8 would be.
Why Oxbridge? How many students do you know there?

In terms of academic ability, then surely some of them have a perfect right to be confident? A lot of Oxbridge students are the opposite and have the well known imposter syndrome of not feeling as if they are good enough to be there. No doubt there are some who are arrogant, but you tend to find that at all places you study.

I think its quite a problematic thing to reliably measure.
Prefect1992
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
In your head it's anywhere that rejected *you* so I'm sure you've got LSE on your list.

In reality, none of them. Universities aren't stereotypes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn, didn't see that savagery coming

ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Warwick, by far.
w_sercz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Birmingham isnt one of them for sure, everyone there is so lovely and friendly
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Dodo0099)
Damn, didn't see that savagery coming

Agree on Doones going postal.
alexschmalex
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Easily DMU, takes a mad amount of hubris to think you can just leave a deuce at someone's door and walk off like it's nothing.
Princepieman
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
LSE is absolutely up there.. Went for a pres there once on my way to saucy and people were having a **** measuring contest of who got the most internship offers and A*s.. I **** you not.

Imperial as well tends to attract proud/sometimes arrogant individuals. Oxbridge of course has its fair bit share. Warwick too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
IrrationalRoot
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Warwick, by far.
Certainly can't say we have 'the most arrogant students' but I have noticed that quite a lot of people on my course are pretty overconfident.
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by IrrationalRoot)
Certainly can't say we have 'the most arrogant students' but I have noticed that quite a lot of people on my course are pretty overconfident.
And some of the applicants are worse.
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hold on, let me just pull up the yearly arrogance study, which surveys every university in the UK to see where the most arrogant students go. Oh wait, that's not a thing? Well it's a good thing we have TSR, where the users have interacted with a good portion of the 2 million+ university students and can therefore accurately gauge where the most arrogant are. Oh wait...

Seriously, what were you actually thinking when you made this thread? The majority of people here won't have interacted with students from 10 different universities, let alone enough students and enough institutions to reliably judge them. This is clearly just a chance to call out "that one time a student from a university did something arrogant"
username3675786
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Most of what's considered the 'elite' uni's are full of ******s, I'm going to LSE but I know how many ********s there are, similarly I have friends at both Oxbridge and imperial who have encountered a very large amount of ***** compared to my friends at say Leeds and York. Durham and Bristol also have quite a lot. Fundamentally there is evidence for this, a lot of intelligent people are arrogant, one of the misconceptions of the Dunning-Kruger effect is that people think those smart see themselves as less smart than they are, while those dumb see themselves as more smart than they are. This isn't true, there's a correlation between people's ability and perceived ability, particularly for those smarter.
TastyChicken
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Seems like this isn't a ranking of student arrogance, but instead a list of personal jealousy towards universities. Let's not forget these students at Oxbridge, LSE, UCL... have a reason to be arrogant, they are amongst the best.
King Arthur 284
Rep:
?
(Original post by TastyChicken)
Seems like this isn't a ranking of student arrogance, but instead a list of personal jealousy towards universities. Let's not forget these students at Oxbridge, LSE, UCL... have a reason to be arrogant, they are amongst the best.
No jealousy here mate, just want to know what peoples opinions are. So you’ve named 4. Name another 6 please.
TastyChicken
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
No jealousy here mate, just want to know what peoples opinions are. So you’ve named 4. Name another 6 please.
I can only speak about LSE as that is the University that I am attending... Don't you realize no one has met enough people from each university to come up with some nonsensical ranking, how do we quantify arrogance... Do you have a scale for that? Also, are you able to distinguish between arrogance and ignorance... There is nothing wrong with being arrogant, in fact, it will only bring success, so perhaps the most successful universities will have the most arrogant students because they have reason to be confident in their capabilities. Perhaps if you distinguished between arrogance, over-confidence, and ignorance, then we could have a more reasonable discussion.
username3675786
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by TastyChicken)
There is never a reason to be arrogant, confidence yes, arrogant no.
TastyChicken
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by GapYaar)
There is never a reason to be arrogant, confidence yes, arrogant no.
Then you haven't truly experienced arrogance, it's a sensation that drives you further to levels that others struggle to achieve. Excessive arrogance leads to ignorance, but the right balance of ignorance and humility leads to perfection.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.92%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.46%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (94)
17.87%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (76)
14.45%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.27%
How can I be the best version of myself? (158)
30.04%

Watched Threads