The Student Room Group

Which university has the most arrogant students.

Please name the top 10 universities in the U.K. which have the most students with the ‘look at me, I’m so wonderful’ personality. The really stuck up people who love to brag all the time.

Scroll to see replies

How would anyone be able to be a reliable judge of this?
Just seems lie an opportunity to diss the unis you dislike, whether you have been there or know anyone from there or not.
Reply 2
In your head it's anywhere that rejected *you* so I'm sure you've got LSE on your list.

In reality, none of them. Universities aren't stereotypes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why Oxbridge? How many students do you know there?

In terms of academic ability, then surely some of them have a perfect right to be confident? A lot of Oxbridge students are the opposite and have the well known imposter syndrome of not feeling as if they are good enough to be there. No doubt there are some who are arrogant, but you tend to find that at all places you study.

I think its quite a problematic thing to reliably measure.
Original post by Doonesbury
In your head it's anywhere that rejected *you* so I'm sure you've got LSE on your list.

In reality, none of them. Universities aren't stereotypes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn, didn't see that savagery coming

Warwick, by far.
Reply 6
Birmingham isnt one of them for sure, everyone there is so lovely and friendly
Original post by Dodo0099
Damn, didn't see that savagery coming

Agree on Doones going postal.
Easily DMU, takes a mad amount of hubris to think you can just leave a deuce at someone's door and walk off like it's nothing.
LSE is absolutely up there.. Went for a pres there once on my way to saucy and people were having a **** measuring contest of who got the most internship offers and A*s.. I **** you not.

Imperial as well tends to attract proud/sometimes arrogant individuals. Oxbridge of course has its fair bit share. Warwick too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ageshallnot
Warwick, by far.

Certainly can't say we have 'the most arrogant students' but I have noticed that quite a lot of people on my course are pretty overconfident.
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Certainly can't say we have 'the most arrogant students' but I have noticed that quite a lot of people on my course are pretty overconfident.

And some of the applicants are worse.
Most of what's considered the 'elite' uni's are full of ******s, I'm going to LSE but I know how many ********s there are, similarly I have friends at both Oxbridge and imperial who have encountered a very large amount of ***** compared to my friends at say Leeds and York. Durham and Bristol also have quite a lot. Fundamentally there is evidence for this, a lot of intelligent people are arrogant, one of the misconceptions of the Dunning-Kruger effect is that people think those smart see themselves as less smart than they are, while those dumb see themselves as more smart than they are. This isn't true, there's a correlation between people's ability and perceived ability, particularly for those smarter.
(edited 5 years ago)
Seems like this isn't a ranking of student arrogance, but instead a list of personal jealousy towards universities. Let's not forget these students at Oxbridge, LSE, UCL... have a reason to be arrogant, they are amongst the best.
I can only speak about LSE as that is the University that I am attending... Don't you realize no one has met enough people from each university to come up with some nonsensical ranking, how do we quantify arrogance... Do you have a scale for that? Also, are you able to distinguish between arrogance and ignorance... There is nothing wrong with being arrogant, in fact, it will only bring success, so perhaps the most successful universities will have the most arrogant students because they have reason to be confident in their capabilities. Perhaps if you distinguished between arrogance, over-confidence, and ignorance, then we could have a more reasonable discussion.
Original post by TastyChicken
Seems like this isn't a ranking of student arrogance, but instead a list of personal jealousy towards universities. Let's not forget these students at Oxbridge, LSE, UCL... have a reason to be arrogant, they are amongst the best.

There is never a reason to be arrogant, confidence yes, arrogant no.
Original post by GapYaar
There is never a reason to be arrogant, confidence yes, arrogant no.

Then you haven't truly experienced arrogance, it's a sensation that drives you further to levels that others struggle to achieve. Excessive arrogance leads to ignorance, but the right balance of ignorance and humility leads to perfection.
Original post by TastyChicken
Then you haven't truly experienced arrogance, it's a sensation that drives you further to levels that others struggle to achieve. Excessive arrogance leads to ignorance, but the right balance of ignorance and humility leads to perfection.

You're just using baseless words and semantics. You don't know me or what i've experienced.
Original post by Princepieman
LSE is absolutely up there.. Went for a pres there once on my way to saucy and people were having a **** measuring contest of who got the most internship offers and A*s.. I **** you not.

Imperial as well tends to attract proud/sometimes arrogant individuals. Oxbridge of course has its fair bit share. Warwick too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that really arrogance though? I mean if they're just comparing grades and internships, that's just a normal part of being competitive, I'd say most finance/investment soc people are like that at any uni tbh
Nah arrogance is just not being a ****, it’s pretty clear cut, people make up random pseudo- deep meanings for these words but it’s obvious clear what they mean, people love to over-intellectualise.

Quick Reply