The Student Room Group

RAF IOT Questions and BAWC

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone who has recently gone through IOT or is currently on IOT can help out with a couple of questions I have. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

1. Any tips or advice that current or ex Officers would give to yourself if you were to go through IOT again?

2.What is the Basic Air Warfare Course? How long is it? What do you learn?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by EthanFuture
1. Any tips or advice that current or ex Officers would give to yourself if you were to go through IOT again?

While not that recent...

The first few weeks are insane, but you get through them.
Don't kill yourself to get things done by sacrificing sleep - getting the odd restriction or two is no big deal.
The harder you work on the Phys in the build up, the better off you'll be.
Do your absolute best to "get into scenario" while on ex.

Don't worry about BAWC now, plenty of time for that later. It's designed for little to no prior knowledge. Read AP3000 / JDP 0-30 and you're fine.
Reply 2
Original post by Drewski
While not that recent...

The first few weeks are insane, but you get through them.
Don't kill yourself to get things done by sacrificing sleep - getting the odd restriction or two is no big deal.
The harder you work on the Phys in the build up, the better off you'll be.
Do your absolute best to "get into scenario" while on ex.

Don't worry about BAWC now, plenty of time for that later. It's designed for little to no prior knowledge. Read AP3000 / JDP 0-30 and you're fine.

Thanks Drewski. I know I don't necessarily need to worry about BAWC now but I'm just interested in what it actually is and what it involves, as I like to read a lot about Air power and it's history.

Funnily enough I just read the JDP 30 recently
Reply 3
Original post by EthanFuture
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone who has recently gone through IOT or is currently on IOT can help out with a couple of questions I have. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2.What is the Basic Air Warfare Course? How long is it? What do you learn?

Thanks

Hi, just wondering if you can completed IOT now? Could I pick your brains if you have? It states that you have medicals - what do these entail? Are they pass/fail medicals?
thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by Ftilley
Hi, just wondering if you can completed IOT now? Could I pick your brains if you have? It states that you have medicals - what do these entail? Are they pass/fail medicals?
thanks.

I'm not in the RAF, I have OASC next month
Original post by Ftilley
thanks.

I’ve already answered your questions, you have selection medical before IOT. This determines whether you are fit to serve and they will access your medical records.

During your subsequent career (including IOT) you will have an annual medical to ensure you are still fit for whatever job.

These are especially stringent of those directly involved in aviation.
Reply 6
Original post by AlphaTango
I’ve already answered your questions, you have selection medical before IOT. This determines whether you are fit to serve and they will access your medical records.

During your subsequent career (including IOT) you will have an annual medical to ensure you are still fit for whatever job.

These are especially stringent of those directly involved in aviation.

Hey alphatango! Do you know when is the next board meeting for further consideration candidates?
and what’s the pass rate from further consideration through to IOT?
thanks 👍🏻

Quick Reply

Latest