New UNO bus timetables from April published on Herts. County Council Travelsite

Watch
UnclePete
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
- It`s that time again- the new bus service changes / timetables valid from April 2018 onwards have been published both on the Hertfordshire County Council`s travelsite www.intalink.org.uk / timetables section and UNO`s site www.unobus.info - I would suggest using the PDF version when viewing the UNO timetables ( simply go to the UNO site, select routes, the route(s) you want then the PDF timetable.)

Of interest to students will be :

341/641- Has timing adjustments - in particular the 07.50 from Broxbourne will depart at 07.36, school days only, ( it remains at 07.51 school holidays) to hopefully improve timekeeping, with the first Saturday bus leaving the UNO garage in the Business Park as a public service at 07.08, useful for students ( and us living nearby !) who want the rail station by 07.30 from the Garden /Salisbury Villages / de Hav area:

601- Timetable changes:

602 - Stays much the same but with an additional journey Welwyn Garden City- Hatfield at 07.46 Mon-Fri and extra running time allowed school times Hatfield- Watford & return:

The extensions to the Business Park from the rail station at 21.37, 22.37, & 00.37 Mon-Sats stay, as do the Sunday hourly ones at xx 38 mins past the hour - you need the stop at Hearle Way, last stop before the UNO garage one, almost opposite the new McLaran car showroom just off Mosquito Way, in Gypsy Moth Avenue. This is only about four mins walk from the David Lloyd Club & eight-ten mins walk from either the Aviation Avenue student housing / Law School car park / north west end of de Hav or Parkhouse Court where some students lodge.

610 to run additionally on Saturdays from Potters Bar to Luton & return: a new route variation of the 610 numbered 612, will be run Mon-Fri school days only directly from Luton rail station - Luton Airport Parkway rail station - Lower Luton Rd. to Wheathampstead , then Sandridge - St Albans (Marshalwick & Oaklands ) - to Hatfield The Forum, one journey each way Mon-Fri.

614/44- Minor timing adjustments- one of the problems with this and indeed other routes is being subject to the vagaries of unpredictable traffic congestion, as I often see myself when driving northbound up the A1 after early shift from work www.bplgroup.com - if anybody wants to check out - seeing traffic stacked up on the southbound carriageway from just north of Borehamwood/M25 junction to south of Hatfield:

615- Extended from the two campuses through to Hatfield rail station & return, via the Business Park, giving commuting students an extra option:

The 653 will now include Hatfield Tescos including Sundays /public holidays. On Saturdays a later bus will depart from Hatfield Station at 21.50 calling at The Forum (22.00), Roberts Way ( 22.05) & de Hav (22.11). However the last Sunday /public holiday 653 service will depart from the station at 18.25 - only 10 mins later than now.

There are other changes but I have just highlighted those I think of most interest to students.

Take a look for yourselves on both the HCC and UNO site. For a full list of all the bus service changes in Herts., go to the service changes section of the HCC site, last updated 09th March. Simply go to news- service changes: if your search engine does not flag this up directly just Google in `Intalink -service changes` ( Intalink being the brand name is spelt as such by the way.)

Comments welcome.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (18)
28.13%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (5)
7.81%
No I am happy with my choice (37)
57.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
6.25%

Watched Threads