The Student Room Group

My gf has trust issues

Since graduating I work between 40-60 hrs a week and when I get home I try to spend some time with her. Recently and old friend (female) has reconnected with me and we have been contacting each other on occasion. My gf has been insisting me that I block her as she things my friend is trying to steal me away from her and since has been going through my messages. I cannot even receive a text without her snatching my phone out of my hands. I have tried explain to her I don’t see my friends due to work and I feel as if I cannot talk to them either. I have found the time to workout and she is questioning why I am working out too. I cannot even receive a compliment from my family without her feeling some type of way. I feel controlled

What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Since graduating I work between 40-60 hrs a week and when I get home I try to spend some time with her. Recently and old friend (female) has reconnected with me and we have been contacting each other on occasion. My gf has been insisting me that I block her as she things my friend is trying to steal me away from her and since has been going through my messages. I cannot even receive a text without her snatching my phone out of my hands. I have tried explain to her I don’t see my friends due to work and I feel as if I cannot talk to them either. I have found the time to workout and she is questioning why I am working out too. I cannot even receive a compliment from my family without her feeling some type of way. I feel controlled

What should I do?

Boundaries. Tell her its time she handle it herself because you'd do the same.

If she has trust issues to this extent it won't just be with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending